Review: Trustfire X8 XM-L T6 5 Modes

Yes it does. where is that one from?

Hey guys... Received the 3-Mode "1300" Lumen Version of this Torch last week from ebay seller cyberport... Buildquality is very very nice.. I really like this torch :D Unfortunatly, I thought I will get a lanyard and lanyard torch ring with it... That was the main reason buying at ebay, because many here say that the manafont version doesnt come with lanyard + holder... But the torch came with... nothing ... just the Belt Clip :(

Anybody now, which lanyard Clip could fit? Maybe the Solarforce ones, anybody already tested something and can give me a hint?

I Just made a lanyard clip from a thin metal wire. mine came with the lanyard but anything with a clip or ring will do.

It seems, that Cree XM-L has forward voltage between 2.95 and 3.5V.

So, if you want to connect in to 2xLiPo connected in series (7.4V), you need buck regulator, or you will lost too much energy on linear regulators.

On the other hand, one LiPo cell needs linear regulator for sure.

Does somebody know, which regulator is used in TrustFire X8?

anyone have the comparison between trusfire x8 against x9???

i am just curios, somehow x9 that using 1*18650 is better than x8 2*18650. any feedback on this?

The head is bigger, so the throw is tighter. The x8 might push out a bit more power on 2 cells, in which case the gap will close up.

any opinion on UF-C8?

X8 seems as bright with 1 18650as it does with 2. Stays bright till battery dies. X9 looks the goods, but is not quite as bright or throwy. still worth buying.

If you want to get serious, go the SST90 X6. You all think X8 is a club or a baseball bat??? compared to X6 its a toy.

x9 throws more than the x8

x8 stays longer than x9 :)

My X9 does not go as far as my X8...

QC must be crap at trustfire.. my X9 does not come close to X8.

try to get a good battery

QC at trustfire must be crap.. my X9 comes nowhere near my X8

if yours comes with same driver and emitter with other x9s, then yours should have the same throw as others too

No, he could just have a crap emitter. X9 is unregulated.

look at the differences in driver boards. X8 is bigger and seems regulated. X9 has same 17mm unreg board that all the others have. X9 also has bigger hotspot, so its not going to throw as far. There is not much difference in output between X9 and the awfully built ultrafire A9. Having said that, X9 is a very good quality unit for the money, highly recommended, I use it all the time.

X8=more light output, X9=nicer to carry around, X6 sst90=INSANELY STUPID MASSIVE BLINDING device which everyone should have. Before they make them illegal.

i am planning to get x9 soon... i just got a UF-C8

Just an update with my X8. I just got back from a camping trip and went through 6 sets of batteries with this light (12 x 18650's). The light was on max nearly the entire time and often left on continuously for the entire duration. During a 4 hour extreme night hike on steep terrain, it performed flawlessly, provided a fantastic beam with nice hotspot, range and spill. It strikes a good compromise for size, weight, quality, output, heat sinking and price. I also made flashaholics of 3 others in my group, so overall a great trip!