Review: UltraFire 501B XM-L

Here's the link where I paid 9.59 (free shipping) but he's since raised the price. Like my feedback said, I was just happy that they showed up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270804000682#ht_1709wt_1396

better get 502b xml t6... better output

my Ultrafire 501b xml received from manafont coupla weeks back Has the plastic seperator between battery and droppin spring , overal build quality is very good apart from the clicky feels poor , sponge e crappy

Ditto on everything Hobbyfotograaf said. Mine (bought since I didn’t yet have a P60) reads 2.1 Amps high, 1.0A medium, 0.09A low on a TF flame.

I really like mine.

With a fully potted 2.8 amp XML wrapped tight with aluminum foil it doesn't overheat. The tail stand mod is easy enough to do and it fits in a pocket better than most 18650 hosts. Not my favorite light but not a bad host for $6.30 at Manafont.

http://www.manafont.com/product_info.php/ultrafire-wf501b-flashlight-tube-no-led-emitter-p-4050

The 504B is my favorite though.

They are expensive and there is nothing new.

if you compare T6 against U2 real beam shot, they are almost indifferent.

I have been saying that for a while at 1000 lumens >100 lumens is undetectable to the naked eye.

Cree XM-L
Bin 3000mA
325%
T6 910-975
U2* 975-1040
U3 1040-1105

i've seen a beam shot review on 501b vs 502b, the 501b is brighter than 502

I just got one from Amazon a couple days ago on sale for $15. I am very impressed with it! Mine has more of a "tactical" matte black finish as compared to the OP's photos which look like a glossy finish. I compared mine to my son's E2D Surefire Defender (200 Lumens) and I like my 501B much better. At close to medium range it is much brighter and illuminates a much wider area. However, at long range they were about the same brightness.

I was wondering if anyone has a link to the manual? Mine didn't come with one. I was wondering if some of modes can be hidden, and how many hours I can get out of each mode. Maybe there is no option to program the modes so that is why no manual?

BTW, is wrapping aluminum really necessary??? What happens without wrapping aluminum to transfer more heat to the case?

Thanks for any help.