[Review] ULTRATAC K18 (XP-G2 S2, 1x AAA / 1x 10440)

I don’t understand your…“I thought to differ” when you have several that were “MAILED” and One that does not work???

MY point is simple. BY BEING ABLE TO GO THE liionwholsale warehouse I was able to make sure that they worked,first Two did not, second Two did!

By mail if you get some that do not work,you have to send them back or use them in another light! :wink:

I didn’t differ with you, I only “thought” to differ as the only 2 I had worked fine in all my K18s until I received some more flats that didn’t.

I just ordered a few of these for my finicky lights that don’t like the flat tops.
Efest IMR 10440 350mAh Button Top

Does anyone know where you can 10440 batteries shipped internationally for this torch? The shipping on most sites will cost as much as the light and batteries combined!

All i could find were these and I never trust “fire” batteries.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10000367/4250800-ultrafire-inr-10440-3-7v-500mah-rechargeable-li

What about these… https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10009177/2528100-authentic-soshine-10440-aaa-3-7v-350mah

It is a good price, but they are non IMR batteries only able to draw .7amp or 2c and probarly well less then 350mah at those rates. I would assume the K18 draws over 1 amp on high mode?

To make it work with every flat top cell, you can just put a solder blob on the positive contact of the board. I did that with mine and now it works like a charm.

I have a k18 and i run the soshine 10440, great cells.

The fasttech info on this cell is incorrect- it actually has a 2 Amp continuous discharge and is protected with a 2.8v cut off. It drives the k18 at full power, has a decent real capacity [ taking over 330 mah from my Lii 500 on fast test] and it is the same size as an eneloop which means with the button top it will fit almost any AAA light.

I’ve used this light for a few weeks now. I like the fact that it’s small with an e-switch. Hotspot and beam profile is very nice.

However the tint IMO is hideous (blue cold white) and the clip is bad. It comes off way too easy. I replaced it with my i3S clip, which is a nice fit and sits tight.
The tint, long press for on and lack of tailstand makes it a shelfqueen to me…

I was thinking about modding, but the pill is glued in very tight on my sample.

Good to hear most of you like it, just wanted to share my observations…

Good review! Very detailed, thanks!

I have a gold color one on order and I eagerly anticipate it’s arrival. My present keyring light, while great is a hair too large, smaller would be better since I don’t envision ever needing it for much more than a quick flash to get me to a brighter/longer runtime light. Yes, I intend to use 14400s in it if at all possible just in case I need that output for a minute or so. It’s got to warm up fast! Normally I don’t twist the tailcap to disconnect the power on any light… I’ll just need to get accustomed to doing that.

I love the output on K18 at high and very usable low mode (using 10440). It is not a perfect light but what is! I believe that medium is a bit too high (reported via tests to be 80 to 100 lumens). I would love to be able to change this to around 30-50 and up the run times from 1 hour to 2-3 hours in medium. The only other issue I had was the light switching on in my pocket and draining the battery down to 0.5v, I know make sure I twist head the after use. It has deteriorated my both my new Efest 350mah batteries they now read 260 and 280mah on 200ma drain test.

Ι missed this great review, glad I’ve found it. Thanks UPz! :+1:

Regarding the K18, I was impressed by the AAA side switch and it’s performance using a 10440 li-ion battery. I’ll keep it in mind in case a good deal appears. :wink:

I’ve had my K18 for awhile now and yes, it’s a nice light. Possibly a 4th output level between low and medium would be nice. But as it is it’s by far the nicest keyring light I’ve ever owned so I really have no complaints.

Mud’, your light doesn’t have the electronic lock out via the side switch? Mine is an aluminum version which isn’t supposed to have that lock out (I think that’s what I read), but it does.

With the light off give a quick double press of the switch. It’ll blink once to indicate that it’s locked out. The same double click will get a double blink to indicate its no longer locked out.

Some pics of the special edition Ultratac K18 for ForoLinternas.com

More pics.

edition 000…!!! :beer:

Those are too handsome to use. :+1: Nice lights!

wow! theyre pretty.
nice shot too.

What about the new version? Any review or GB?

I have the new version and will be reviewing it soon. :+1:

I cannot find an STAINLESS STEEL version with the metal button, only BRASS and ALUMINUM.

John.

Great, thanks :wink: