Review: Uniquefire 3900 triple XM-L from lightmalls, possible groupbuy inside.

You can get the TR-3T6 in 2 x 18650 form only it's cheaper, it is a very common host some say it's dull but the way I look at it, is this it is very easy to find replacement parts cause its common, you can buy just about any TR host and the battery tube's, bezel, glass lens, tail cap and switch will fit it, the drivers are easy to find and you don't have to spend $55 buck on it and add foil.

I know what you mean. I also have built two TR lights myself. I just ordered UF 3900. I mean just a second ago and than I saw your post. I hope I did the right thing, because as you also have stated, 3T6 is about $7-8 cheaper on lightmalls.com

Still, I needed to have something with different looks, or I can't realize that I bought something new :)

I hear ya

I really like my UF 3900 from Manafont. I think it's a nice choice.

You said you needed a multi xm-l light that looks diffrent to the usual dull multi cell lights like the Tr-1200 and TR-3T6.

Well here it is, i just brought one.

TrustFire TR-J12 Cree XM-L T6 5-LED 4500-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Flashlight - Black Aluminum Alloy Finish (3 x 26650/3 x 18650)

As soon as it get,s here ill do a review and some long run time test, range test, current draw and i might even have to pull out the new lux meter.

I hope it isn't a FryRay. I may get one myself if you find it satisfactory. Looks quite different than others.

EDIT: :) I ordered one of that TrustFire TR-J12 from Aliexpress, using a coupon code for the first order ($5). It makes $78. $10 cheaper than other sellers.

Ehh....what $5 coupon?! I Did not have that!

Search the net for Aliexpress coupon codes. I used one, $5 for >$50 but there are others like $10 for >$100 etc.

Here: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/alibaba.com

$78 bucks thats awsome, $28 cheaper then the fry ray.

The trustfire TR-3T6 is a solid performer, so the TR-J12 should be sweet, im looking forward to having a 26650 battery torch, it should give me a decent run time while camping if i use 3

UUGHH!!!

Haha...kokopelli, can see both our orders there.

Thats a good price man, i had a gift card for manafont so i kind of had no choice it was for the TK60 i was saving up for, but i could not hold back on this.

2100 or sb56637 what's the gap between the drop-in and the head side walls?

It's quite a bit, how2. Don't know the exact amount, but i added a layer of multiple folded aluminum foil, followed by multiple layers of 40 gauge copper foil before it made contact with the sidewalls. This took a lot of trial an error until I felt it giving some resistance when tightening the head:

Seems to have done the trick. When I first fired it up, only the ss bezel got hot, after 5 minutes or so. By 10 minutes, it was uncomfortable to touch and I turned it off. After heatsinking it, the entire head gets warm, and after 15 minutes, the ss bezel is still warm, but ok to touch. I took a 1/2 hour walk last night (temperatures in the teens [farenheight]), had the light on the entire time on high and it was a nice hand warmer; and the light never dimmed.

Adding my impressions to 2100's excellent review after owning the 3900 for over a month, in case anyone else is looking to buy this flashlight or looking for a comparison to other 3*XM-L flashlights.

Bought from: Manafont
Price Paid: $55.95
Ordered: 11-28-2011
Received: 12-19-2011

Also available from:
Kaidomain, Lightmalls and several eBay sellers, similar price point.

A few Pics:

Size comparison with other lights in my collection (L-R):
SSC P7, Balder BD-2, Knight Rider P-Rocket, N-Light ST50, Yezl Z1, UniqueFire 3900, Solarforce M8

Here's the original damage head/pill:

And the repaired pill with improved heatsink:

Appearance & Feel
My flashlight came thickly wrapped in bubble wrap. After unwrapping, I inserted two freshly charged Callie's Kustom 3100 mAh 18650 cells and turned it on - nothing. I've already posted on my disappointment in finding out that the negative coil was damaged in assembly. Rather than rehash that experience, let me fast forward to after I fixed the light (I will say that Manafont has been pretty much silent in addressing the problems with the light, but that's another story). This is a beautiful light. I'm a sucker for the gun metal color and like the fact that the head is slightly darker than the tube. The Stainless Steel bezel is large and complements the rest of the light. Mine has almost a flawlesh finish, a few nicks but no aluminum showing through on the coating. The light is heavy and has a very substantial feel to it, which I like - feels as heavy as a 3C Maglight and not as unwieldy and the aluminum is thick. With the semi-aggressive knurling on the bezel, this would make a formidable weapon. Threads are also thick, long and very tight.

A weakness pointed out in 2100's review is that the emitter is a drop-in, not threaded. As I pointed out in my previous post, the heat sinking is not good and Manafont warns: "Notice: Using High mode for prolong time is not recommended". Suffice to say I think my first attempt at heat sinking was a success and I'm confident this light is good to go in that regard. The switch on the light has a very positive feel and other than having the useless Strobe/SOS modes, I like having three useful settings with H-M-L. GITD switch boot is cheesy, needs to be replaced with black in keeping with the overall style/looks of this light. Tailstands fine, lights up a dark room in High and Medium modes.

This light is bright! Lights up the night, no rings or artifacts, just a great flood pattern, my guess would be 1400-1500 lumens on High. Tint is cool white, just the way I like it. The Medium setting is good for almost any use - I would estimate 600+ lumens and the Low setting is fine for around the house, probably 200 lumens. I haven't run it on High for more than 30 minutes, so I don't know the run out, but I estimate that it's probably good for 45 minutes before current regulation kicks in and it steps down to Medium on it's own. With 2 high capacity cells, this light should run a long time in the Medium mode and forever on Low.

Output/Tail Cap Measurements
Using freshly charged Callie's Kustoms 3100mAh:

High - 2.29a
Medium - 1.09a
Low - .17a

Overall Rating 3.5/5
I am thoroughly enamored with the looks and feel of this light, but there are a few technical problems that keep me from giving it a better rating. One, the choice of a drop-in vs threaded pill is a design flaw, particularly with 3 LEDs in the light. Heat sinking out of the box is abysmal and I had to do a lot of work to get it up to the point where I think the heat dissipation is adequate. Two - Claimed Lumens of 3900 is completely laughable. It's plenty bright though and it brings a smile to my face when I turn it on and a gasp from non-flashaholics when they witness it. At $56, it's definitely budget friendly for the light you get. Bottom Line: This is a shelf queen that will come out to play if you don't mind doing a little work to get her ready .

Thanks for reading...

Hi,

bought on Dealextreme FandyFire 3900 exact copy of the "Uniquefire 3900"

made a little video test, can someone be interested:

Lightmalls is the only dealer who can give personalised service (email before purchase of coz!) as in testing the light and choosing a good copy. I think he goes down to purchase the light from the "big shop".

The drop-in is actually threaded at the tip, so it screws into the SS bezel. It's only about 5mm, but better than nothing. With alu foil wrapping, as tested with a lux meter, the output drop is extremely close to the crazily threaded Trustfire TF-3T6. I mean this is a 1400 lumens OTF light, not that bad. (3T6 is 1300 lumens OTF).

Thanks for the video, Buba. It really puts out a wall of light. I'm very happy with mine.

STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU SHOP ELSEWHERE!!!
MISLEADING ADVERTISING, ARROGANT AND RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!
ALL OVER $5 WORTH OF BATTERIES!!!

I ordered 2 Boruit headlamps from lightmalls.ca on 1/5/21

With a website that ends with “.ca” one would think it was a Canadian site, not so.( They are now lightmalls.com, they dropped their “.ca” website)
Only after ordering was it revealed they were being shipped from Shenzhen, Guangdong province China That, was misdirection #1
Package finally arrived 1 month later on 2/5/21

Both packages had crushed corners, so i carefully opened and discovered no damage to product However, this is where the trouble started 1 of the headlamps arrived without batteries, so i rechecked the ad. It stated “2*18650 battery”. According to their customer service, this means it TAKES 2*18650 batteries and those DO NOT come with the purchase.BTW these are 3.7v rechargeable batteries… Not something readily available in Canada When questioned regarding their “misleading” advertising their customer service rep claimed i threatened them ( which i did not, i Only stated that my reviews of their business would reflect the transaction appropriately), they had “ dealt with people like you” before and did not “accept” my threats Several emails later it was agreed they would send me 2 batteries, however, it was Chinese New Year and all shipping was closed and they would address this when they came back They “ addressed” it all right The ads now state “Does not include batteries” which was not stated at the time of the transaction I have been told i can order new batteries from their store OR they would ship me batteries with my next order
A wise old man once said to me “ water…is at once, the most yeilding of elements…yet the mightiest of eroding forces” By selling us cheap and inferior products, refusing to stand behind their misleading business practises ( BTW, Paypal has no recourse for Chinese products)… We are slowly having our Canadian standards of business eroded away

Do a quick search for “lightmalls.ca reviews” and see for yourself.

PURCHASE FROM LIGHTMALLS.COM AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

Nuff said

Just buy a pair of 18650 cells at the nearest vape store and start enjoying the light.
There is no shortage of vape stores in Ontario.