REVIEW: Uniquefire UF-1405 (XM-L2 , 2x26650/2x18650)

The lux does not increase because light is reflected outwards to the lens by the collar, it increases because the collar reflects the wasted side spill back onto the LED die therefore increasing the surface brightness of the die. ie, brighter die@ same current= higher lux values.

Guys you could really invent ra addons for uf flashlights. For example addon for XP-G2 S4 so we just glue this on top of the pill or something... So much talk about them and still not a single one in your offer for uf flashlights and blf members.

I am member on 4 world forums and 3 domestic ones. No one can harm you guys if you want to sell your diy product to forum members... Period.

I’ve just received one today and I’m disappointed.

The head wobbles around a lot when the light is adjusted for throw, a thicker section ‘o’ ring will help but it shouldn’t be like this in the first place.

The flood is poor compared to my Brintye B158 which is a much smaller light, the flood on the Brinyte is almost 50% wider. I expected a light of this size to built for a great flood of light as well as throw.

The holes through the bezel don’t go all the way through like you’ll see in many photo’s and that’s what I originally liked about the light.

The head and tailcap have a nice satin finish but the body is darker so there is a mismatch.

1. Yes thicker orings will easy solve this (0,50$ investment).
2. Yes you can’t go against laws of physics. Bigger lenses = further throw=tighter hotspot and lower flood mode
3. I am very glad that they did this mod. Those holes were terrible if you ask me I want to be concentrated on light and not on light that exits through that holes :slight_smile: So I disagree with you.

Biggest flaw of this flashlight is that it is very heavy. It could easily go on diet and loose at least 200grams(thinner 18650 tube, thinner wall thickness, without unnecessary troat and switch chunk + acrylic lenses.

I don’t know how engineers at UF factory can think of this… They would save money, material and shipping cost.

This is 450 + kcd light and among Dereelight Xsearcher one of the furthest throwing setup on the planet.

Are you saying this light is 450 Kcd stock from the Factory with no mods ?

Which version has the highest Kcd and farthest throw ?

Thanks.

I also wish some of the Mod Wizards here would sell some mods…make 10 or so …we send the lights or prepay etc. And they do 10 at a time to save labor costs and still make some money and we get super lights….?

This light has only one flaw. Which is the driver.
It should pump at least 5A into the led. But it inserts only 1.7A of weakness into it.

:slight_smile: There are just few stock reflector lights that are good kcd performers but literary none aspheric light (like this 1504) without proper modding cant reach full performance(in this case it will not reach 450 kcd, stock light is about 60kcd).

And once again modding costs… Try to modd one and you’ll see. It can exceed original flashlight price from 1-5X.