Review: Uniquefire UF-1505 (C8 style) and UF-1503 aspheric lens lights

UF-1503 50mm (shortened 1406) all the way. Hope you'll get them soon N10sivern.

Come on guys I like Fat 1504 but it is to fat and heavy for hunting. I even consider that Xsearcher is to big and heavy(much lighter and thinner than 1504) and I would not trade my NightmasterV2 flashlight(50mm) for any of those fat boys.

UF's 1503 250kcd is more than enough to cover all hunting situations and not to mention it will have larger beam (that could be even larger with precoolimator lenses) and better flood mode.

My 1504 will not be mounted on rifle or scope but 1503(hope that n10sivern will get them) will be...

I started a group buy thread on these that can be found here

Please try to keep questions about these lights here and questions or comments about the group buy there.

Ok, I checked out the lights today. The 1503 does have some mid zoom wobble, maybe a little less than the 1504. The 1505 has it as well but it is minimal compared to the 1503 and 1504.

N10sivern,

Any zoom wobble is easy taken care of by replacing to thicker orings, and adding third one (lube them before inserting with super lube oil and you'll see wobble disappear). I done that on 1504 and it is perfect without wobble even in fully focused position.

Head wobble just gives an idea of thread fit. There are ways like you mentioned to minimize it. There should not be much fully zoomed in or out but there is usually some in the middle. How much is an indicator of the tolerances of machining the threads in the head and tube.

And that was what I was looking to find out. Thanks for the update, I’m going to wander over to the GB thread soon. :slight_smile:

I hate to revive an old thread, but is this the 20mm pill from FastTech that fit the 1505?

I was thinking about getting a UniqueFire UF-T20 from RMM, but I think I like this host better. I definitely like the remote tail switch set-up they have for it with the constant and momentary built into the same switch. If I can get extra pills from FastTech to have green and red drop-ins for same light, I think I'm sold.

Hi JoshT. I just wanted to mention a few things…

I had some experience with the 1505 recently, and, for your application of being able to quickly swap out pills, its probably the best option. Its not that easy to open up the T20 as you probably know. I like the T20 more because the turning action on the 1505 does not feel nice to me. Its kind of ‘sticky’ and ‘rough’ at places and not as smooth as the T20, even after applying lots of lube. Its possible to improvise a remote switch for the T20. Tail standing on the 1505 is also not 100%. Possibly all things that might not bother you.

Anyway, just wanted to mention that the T20 is still a better quality light to me. :wink:

Regarding the pills, I believe the FastTech pill will work as I think the pills in both the T20 & 1505 is the same, but I’ll have to check this for you. Somebody else might be able to chime in and give a more confident answer. If theres no quick feedback, I can check for you…

The pills are the same for the 1505 and T20

Thanks! Not too worried about speed of swapping the pills, it's not something I'm likely to need to do in the field. I'd just rather have the single host with mount and swap to the bulb I need depending on the game I'm hunting. IE: Red for predators, Green for Hogs, IR for the NV scope (dad has one), and of course white for general.

With what you say, T20 vs 1505 is kinda 50/50 for me. The T20 is available now in CONUS, but I'd have to cobble together the remote switch I want. The 1505 has the remote tail-cap set-up that I want already available, but the light itself isn't as readily available.The 1505 also comes with a white LED already installed so that saves me having to build a white drop-in for those as long as compatible pills are available to do the other inserts.

Big question for me was the pills. I though from the review above that they had the same pill. The issue is availability of replacement pills. Haven't seen but a very few mentions about a C8 pill working, but apparently there are a few variations of the C8 pill and no links to the one that works. This thread is the only mention of a FastTech pill working that I have found, but once again there are several FastTech pills. Wanting to verify the right one before I take the plunge.

Thanks for verifying that, but did I link to the correct pill from FastTech?

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1616/10002799/1208600

I can 100% confirm this is the correct replacement pill Josh… I make use of them.

Thanks for the review on these zoomies.

Does a protected battery fit in the UF-1505?
(NCR18650B: Product size (L x W x H): 7.00 x 1.80 x 1.80 cm / 2.76 x 0.71 x 0.71 inches)