Review: Uniquefire UF-2100 3-mode

I noticed a definite noise in high mode, not in low. I measured the current using a protected ultrafire 3600, and it was only around 1.7A in high, not sure if the cell needs to be cycled a couple of times to get full potential, or there may be some drop across the protection circuit. I wonder if there is a newer version of the light that limits the high? otherwise why would there be a whine??

The light is pretty bright, and gets hot on high, but I don't have other XM-L lights to compare.

I got this light the other day and really am surprised that it is pretty well constructed and thought out. It’s a real hotrod too. In my opinion it’s a must have. I ordered a couple more from DD. I have been quite happy with them, much faster than any other Chinese vendor I have used.

you guys know of any pocket clip that fits this?

Got this in 10 days, was expecting to wait a lot longer. This is a great light. I am amazed by the amount of light it puts out over a wide area, and throws a reasonable distance.

Here's a post with it using a Solarforce clip:

$4.50 plus shipping. Not bad if you're getting something from Solarforce anyway though.

http://www.solarforce-sales.com/product_detail.php?t=FA&s=17&id=56

Here you go Pulsar. That’s a really nice strong/ good looking clip too. Solarforce clip works with the UF-2100

You got this back then at regular price?

Probably. Put it to your cart and apply Thanksgiving coupon and you get it for $14.95

wow... thanks guys lol

i’m guessing it’s a case of having bought really bad batteries …The 5 2100’s i’ve owned all did much more amperage like 3 amps …It’s the batteries … Your light will be much brighter on a good set of batteries .

welcome to Blf

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?289882-Ultrafire-BRC3600-18650

If you're reading low amps, it is probably your DMM leads. For measuring flashlight currents, you have to have some really heavy duty leads. I finally made a good set using about 10cm (90% less resistance than 100cm leads) of 18 gauge wire from a computer power cord. I'd still like 16 gauge, but I'm not going to tear up a perfectly good heavy duty extension cord.

Mine rings in High too, but barely. I'm using an XTAR 2600 battery.

Mine "rings" on High, Medium and Low, even strobe has funny sound... maybe my hearing is just too good :D

I got it yesterday from DD

it rings enough to hear it at 2m with a fresh battery in high mode

after the mod ...I tought that the noise was fixed but was in the mid mode :P

btw it rings in all modes if you have it close to your hear

maybe older ppl hear less that high frequence

great flashlight anyway :)

This looks like a cool little light. I wish there were more like it.

Just pulled the trigger on a 5-mode from DD for ~$16 right before the price hike. I'd been eying this light and noticed the 3-mode and 1-mode shot up in price today to 23-29 bucks.

I got the unique and the ultra, the ultra has a bigger crenelated bezel but has a more neutral warmer tint ,they are all interchangeable parts btw, I got unique fire from dd and ultra fire from kd,love kd tint better and. Few bucks cheaper;)

Got mine (uniquefire 3 mode) about a month ago via a ChibiM heads up deal from DD. $14.95 with a free BRC Ultrafire battery. Have been most pleased and has a perfect fit on my web gear one thin pouch.

I'm not sure what exactly I'll receive, but DD currently has the uf-2100 listed as an ultrafire. The pictures show both a smooth and crenulated bezel'd uniquefire. Heck I wouldn't care if a fandyfire shows up.

I was persuaded to go with DD due to an accumulation of points ;).

Good luck with the points ,I haven’t received any as of yet,no biggie ,I guess summer and spring don’t like me lol

After E1320 modified mine, wow …. 5 modes no disco, firefly 1 lumen and 7135 pushing 3.5amps…. A wall of light !