Review: USB battery box 2x18650 enb

Lots of them still listed on ALi Express, but they seem to be about 50% more than FT sold them for.

Anyone tested the single usboutput one?

I bought three of the brushed metal ones because they have 2A output to run my boot heaters, and I do not like them very much, would never buy another. The system with the scews and a loose plate that floats around is horrible to work with. The screws are self tapping and will not last long, and I have had the unit freeze on me and the only way to reset it was take those crappy screws out and remove the batteries. If you loose one of the tiny screws you’re going to have lots of trouble even duct taping the end plate on as it is spring loaded.

Now I’ve got one of these the way, as it says it also supports 2A and has an LCD display, hopefully it will get reviewed.

Wallbuys sell it (not as cheap as the old fasttech price) for $9,84. Maybe a working coupon code could help to save some more, but most ended in december.

Stock: 1? Maybe it becomes more after Chinese holidays.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181110309397?nav=SEARCH&sbk=1

Buyincoins has them for 9,31$.

nice find!! i wonder if this is older version with MINI usb connector for “in”(as in the pictures) or newer with MICRO usb connector?

Outstanding review I would honestly like to see a "personal rating" of say 1-10 on your website (maybe several bullet points of interest as well)...to give the populous an idea on if they are good or not.

Otherwise, once again HKJ spot on as always...noone out there is anywhere near as thorough as you!

Little arrow next to “buy now” shows the different options for like sales

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1421/10002784/1207400

Maybe it looks like mini usb from the pictures, but, i think there is no mini version. I have the one from fasttech and it has micro usb input. But anyway, i charge my cells on my xtar wp6 and then put them in :slight_smile:

this is from manufacturers’ site (optisharp.hk)

The problems with rating is that they are to limited. A box may be perfectly good for one application but not for another. Some points:

I like plastic boxes and replaceable batteries, but a metal box with fixed batteries can be just as good.

If you use the box every day, a high self discharge it not very important, but for occasionally use it is very important.

Can you remember to turn off the box when finished with it, or do yo need one that automatic turns off.

Understood but a general consensus “do I like it” rating would be helpful (which I think you do anyway for the most part in your parting paragraph), but hey…you are the one spending your valuable time reviewing this stuff for US…so I will just hush and enjoy your excellent reviews sir. :slight_smile:

+1

FAIL

Thanks to all others.

Anyone try the new version of this enb box from fasttech?

I got the new revision, it works;), I like the size, it’s very compact, compared to 3x18650 version.
Efficiency around 55-65%, however it terminates charging 18650 batteries at 4.15V, do you know how to change it?

Its better that it finishes at 4.15V then 4.25V.

Would love to see a review of the enb with 1 output.
It’s 1.5cm smaller so for daily carry suits me better. Already have 2 bigger ones (a 4 and 5 battery variant) so a small but good one would be a nice addition. And I have a feeling dividing a load over 2 batteries will give slightly better runtime than 2 times a single 18650

I do have it and is planning to review it, but there has been way to many chargers lately and I do still have chargers in queue.

No rush. Already great to hear there will be a review sometime.
Your tests are among the best!