Review: Warsun H003 - A budget TK61 killer?

:D

Its official. The strap is bad too. Or the aluminium hinges (or whatever they are called). Light almost went into the ground due to one getting loose. A bit of bending fixed it. Seemed like really soft aluminium.

It’s a shame it’s a pos because I like the looks of it, thanks for the review

Wow, and this comes from Mr. Fang? He is the one who was supposed to deliver the super duper Warsun BLFX light Smile.

Super duper Warsun BLFX without a flat and proper "pill"? :P

I dont know what to think of Warsun anymore. I thought they seemed like a fairly promising company before I got this light. Then again, Its my first Warsun.

Personally I never saw the appeal of the other Warsun lights when we already have lights like the Convoy L4 and others.

Just checked the list of things not to get, ever. free, okay maybe. but not really, no!

Great review - don’t think I’ve seen a light with such low grades before. Could be a record. All we need to add is a meltdown, explosion or similar burnout and you’ll have a genuine Hall of Famer?

:smiley:

Warsun sure peaked early. They seemed promising because they had a few nice features. Anodized threads, 26650 support, side and rear clickies, seemingly nice thermal path. Seeing as they were new, it's easy to expect them to continue improving, but it looks like they're going the other way around. That's fine. There are other companies. Dipper is one. They seem to have the same features in the same price range.

Maybe the 5,000 meter range is how far you need to stay away from it! :bigsmile:

OK, I'm seeing a trend here. 2nd light reviewed in as many weeks with vestigial heat dissipating fins.

RaceR86 wrote:

I was happy to see a light with aluminium body of this form factor with a larger reflector and cheap price. . . .

Wouldn't that be nice. I would be all over a light meeting those specs. The light looks like it could be aluminum in the pictures.

Thanks for the review RaceR86. Very good info.

lol.. Thanks.

Im generally quite picky. I often see reviews with 4 and 5 star ratings, thinking id never give more than 3-4 star rating.

Its kinda like rating a movie from 1-10. Rating something 10 (equal to 5 star rating when you are using half stars) means that everything is pretty much perfect. I like to use the whole range. How often do you really see reviews with less than 3 stars? Three stars is kinda the same as a 6/10. Which isn't that bad IMO.

Oh well, people have different views on ratings and different preferences.

This light could be a 0/5 to some. And a 5/5 for someone who is used to incandescent Maglite and wants a safe chemistry WW light with range. Afterall buying several good rechargable D-cell batteries and a charger and a flashlight can quickly cost more than this light.

I tried to give it a little credit for being a niche product. Too bad the potential customers that this light may be suitable for are less likely to come across it since its supposed to come with li-ion battery.

Not sure what to do with the light. Might be a fun mod challenge to actually make it into a TK61 killer. It would need a complete rebuild. Or just give it away to someone locally.

Thanks for the (funny) comments. :)

I have a plastic spotlight that I really like with the MT-G2. It gets the best throw of everything so far. It's just too much of a challenge to get the heat out without just building a whole new light. I've tried so many ideas the the host is pretty much trashed now.

My recommendation is to save yourself some grief and give it away.

EDIT: Best throw of all my MT-G2 lights, that is. Not everything out there.

I do have a spare TK61 reflector (No, I cant get more), which I might be able to fit in the H003. Add heatsink with fan. Air inlet at the back, and outlet at the sides.. Its doable...

Your recommendation of just giving it away is probably the wise thing to do. And Im more likely to do that. :)

Active cooling seems like a good approach if you don't mind reduced run time and very limited water resistance.

Actually, it was silly advice. I'm just frustrated with my spotlight. I'm sure a bright person can think of a good way to do it. My host is full of curves which complicated the matter. I was shooting for good water resistance too.

I do like the form fact of that spotlight of yours. Best wishes on what ever you do with it.

Reminds me on this reflector https://www.fasttech.com/products/1617/10006828/1543300

Werner, extremely similar reflector. Maybe the same..

There were no beamshots in my review. While I was doing my latest beamshot comparison, I remembered this light and went to get it.

You can see all the epic output this light have to offer in this thread. Its compared with some other lights that are a bit more well made, and brighter.

LOL what a POS. Thanks for the review

Sorry for digging up this zombie post but I gotta say -> I read that post in it’s entirety & have to say I got a real laugh from it. What a big pile of junk. I have a hard time believing that it was designed that way for any reason other to trick a few people into buying it. |(

I found your post while researching a different Warsun light but now I think I’ll steer clear of anything that company makes. What a bunch of fraudsters! Putting out junk like that. Please…

It might look junk for most people, but in some parts of the world, specifically third world countries and remote areas this flashlight can be considered a real gem. When I traveled to rural areas in China, this is the exact kind of flashlight people considers “bright”. They also use lots of plastic headlamps with SLA and NiCad batteries. But not at this price though, a fashlight like this one would sell for about 50 RMB (less than $10).

I see that no one likes the flashlight but I do have one and am looking for some help. I have numerous charging cords and need to match the correct one to the flashlight as mine is dead. I need to charge the light. Can someone tell me what the correct specs are for the charger (input volts and hz, output volts and mA) so that I know I am matching it up with the correct one. much appreciated.