Review: XinTD C8 SC-82/V4 (3C neutral white)

Foy, dont ever stop doing reviews! Such a pleasure to read and look at.

You even got me tempted on one of these! And I have said to myself. No more C8s, I dont really like them that much, and I only have 1. :stuck_out_tongue:
My crappy quality C8 (cheapo light from Aurabuy) now with Qlite :heart_eyes: (with extra 7135 chip) and de-domed XP-G2 on Noctigon combined with AR coated lens and new improved switch is a good thrower, for the size. But when I see the XinTD, the light/host it selves is just in a complete different league compared the most other C8s out there. Especially compared to my crappy version. :stuck_out_tongue:

I want one, dont need one, but I really want one! 0:)

Excellent review. As always, I love your writing style.

Doggone it, Foy. Iā€™ve got the V3 and itā€™s a cracker. But now youā€™ve got me thinking again (very dangerous), and wellā€¦
I just might pull the trigger on this one, although I promised myself I wouldnā€™t :stuck_out_tongue:

Iā€™m thinking of getting a V4 too.

The CW should be much brighter, although the colours wont be so natural right?

Thank you for the great review. I should get one and be happyā€¦

Thanks for another great review Foy. But I wonder isnā€™t aluminum has better heat transfer ability than brass?

Okay comfy, I was wondering the same thing. In my notes I have the following but cannot remember where I got it. I went back to IO's site and it still says Nanjg . . .

Here are my notes from where? that I didn't take the time to verify, that perhaps list the upgrade from version 3 to 4 . . .

XM-L to XM-L2 LED upgrade

AR lens

Qlite driver Rev. A 7135*8 multiple modes

380 mah chips, different modes

5mA firefly

18 KHz PWM

If true I will make the changes . . .

followthroughFoy

I only mentioned it 'cause I don't know of any plain Nanjgs that will do 3-mode without any stars connected (other that #1, which is connected by a trace in the PCB). Default/no-stars is usually 5 mode. BUT, default on the Qlites is 3 mode.

Though I could be wrong. After all, who really knows how many variants of these things there are.

I sometimes randomly copy notes when I come across information on a light I plan on ordering/reviewing and I simply don't know where I got this. When you then say the same thing, it can't be mere coincidence.

I'll ask Hank . . .

thanksfortheheadsupFoy

Very nice review Foy. Thank you.
I got my V4 on 24th. Have been enjoying for the last couple of days. It is a fun and quality light. The stock form of moonlight mode and extremely high PWM are worth the $30 I paid.

I like that blue boot cap you have there. Is it good as GLTD? (I mean bright and long lasting?)

About mode memory, I was also surprised a couple of times when I turned on the light, because I left it on high and it turned on in moonlight. Feels like it forgets the mode and just goes to default after a long period of rest or something. Definitely not because it remembers after 2 sec on instead of 2 sec off.

Again thank you for the review.
And thanks to rdrfronty for the lux and lumen numbers. I was wondering about those.

Just checked out the blue cap at intloutdoor, which is not GITD.
I found one on fasttech, though reviews are not very favorable.
http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001928/1138301-glow-in-the-dark-silicone-tailcaps-5-pack
Guess I will order these anyway next time.

Nice review of what appears to be a quality light.

The tailcap would look great, IMO, if given the Foyzel sand-and-polish treatment...it would really set off that blue switch boot !

Asked Hank if he could sell me one of the new v4 XinTD c8 with a warm tint 7c xml2 emitterā€¦ He does not have 7c xml2 [yet?], but he recommended this minimum 80 CRI 5b xml2 HERE instead.

This should be added to the website as an option within the next week or two ā€œwhen the items become availableā€. Nice! :bigsmile:

4200K is right about the sweetspot for me personally. Kind of a warmish neutral. Definitely not as orangey warm as 3000-2800K. Should be a good compromise of improved CRI and output/throw that this light is known for.

Glad I asked. :slight_smile: Really looking forward to this improvement to one of my favorite lights in my collection (v3 xml 3c). Hank is the man! 8)

sounds like great news. i wonder if they plan to be the first to offer copper pcbs in a c8 0:)

Iā€™ll flat out have to order one when that happens, Iā€™m tending towards warmer and warmer tints, I definitely want to get hold of some of the high cri xm-l2ā€™s and xp-g2ā€™s for my next batch of lights.

Yeah, I have been teetering on the fence looking for an excuseā€¦ 5B emitter is precisely the excuse I needed.

I was trying to resist the urge to buy the new V4, having bought the V3 not so long ago...

"Just minor upgrades..." I was trying to self convince myself...

Well a few days ago a friend of mine asked me to see some of my lights, and asked me to sell him a couple of them, one of which was... you guessed it... the V3!!

So next very-obvious step was ordering the new V4

The thing is, even the V3 is an awesome light. This has been a killer buy for quite a while and for whatever reason I kept putting it off. I also didn't fully grasp the significance of the improved XM-L2 emitter.

behindthecurveFoy

I put myself on flashlight hold until the XM-L2 found its way into more lights, and this looks like the light that will change that status.

Cheers for the awesome review, fantastic photoā€™s and commentary.