Review: Xtar WP2 Mark2 - 18650 2 bay charger

I have had this charger for a while with no problems. Now when I put in a new Panasonic 3400 the leds began blinking red. I can’t seem to get it to quit. E-mailed Xtar. I was wondering if anyone else had the problem.

Is it protected or an unprotected flat top?

Unprotected flat-top. I just checked the voltage at the chargers terminals and it shows 12.01 on the left and 5.53 on the right. It fell off the counter about 2 weeks ago. I don’t know if that is the problem.

I had the same problem with unprotected Tenergy flatops. It turned out that I wasn't getting good contact at the positive terminal.

Try placing a small spacer there to see if that helps.

I made a screw that allows flat top batteries to make contact.

The only 3400s I have are protected Keeppowers so not a 1-1 comparison, but it has no problem charging them. Wonder if that counter fall did do some damage. Does it still work for all other cells? If so I would have to think the charger is OK still.

Didn't help?

I had to add the cut off screws (to make them shorter) when I got the charger. It doesn’t like flat tops. It worked fine a couple of weeks ago.

It is likely the charger. Mine gave up the ghost on once side and eventually quit on the other.
It is the wire to the choke inside (the coil over the ferite) that seemed to fail. The glue around the base was all charcoal’d. I PM’d XTAR and they gave me their condolences. their warrantee is not much if you read the fine print. Essentially, it is cheaper to buy a new one. Lesson learned was not to run it more than neccessary. I charge at 1A for two sets a batteries per day. So the useful life may well be limited.

A quick test is to use the 12V car battery adapter. If it blows the fuse, then you have the same problem as I had.

My cheap DX is still working! I was hoping for something a little better made.

Is the problem happening with the Pana 3400 only or with all other batteries too?

Is the problem limited to one charger bay or both?

I put a Sanyo 2600 in and I had the same problem. A battery in the right bay does not show the charging light. Two batteries or one battery in the left bay has both lights blinking red. It won’t charge my phone using the USB port and a fresh battery.
It’s like me. It don’t work!

It's dead :(

That seems to cover it!

I e-mailed Xtar because of the trouble I was having with my charger. After a few exchanges (language problems) they contacted SBFlashlights and okayed an exchange. So I will be getting a replacement soon.
I can’t complain about the service.

The replacement charger that the dealer sent me is a little different. The scale for the outputs shows; 1amp, 0.5am and O for the output terminal.