Review: Yezl T8X MK II Raptor

So Foy, how many stars would you give it out of say 5 for a max? It don't look to be very bright does it.

PullingNoPunchesFoy.

Sorry I took so long - have not read this thread in a long time.

ILIKE - The only reason I may have given it two stars is the incredible flood. It was just an awesome, round disc of light. Doesn't matter now since Lang has re-purposed the emitter. Also, does not surprise me that the tail threads gave up the ghost. There were only three and this is just another example of why I put so much emphasis on machine work.

A flashaholic is gonna unscrew the tail cap a whole bunch and if you don't think sufficient and/or thread quality is important, just ask Lang. Thread quantity matters too and square threads will reduce the long term likelihood of failure.

Lang - I hope my dunking that guy in my sink didn't hasten its demise.

getitwetFoy

I know this is very old review, but the Yezl Mk-II Raptor zoom-able CREE XM-L flashlight was the first zoom flashlight that I ever bought (about 8 or 9 years ago), and I would like to make some comments on how it has fared.

I originally bought 3 of these and they all still work and I find they are my most used and most reliable cheap torch that I have (and I have a LOT). I did not pay $30 for mine, from memory it was about AU$18.

Yes, it’s build quality is a bit poor, but for general use I find it is my favorite torch.

1. It has a great flood.
  2. About the shortest 18650 zoom torch there is.
  3. Has been very reliable (and it is well used!).
  4. Brightness is fair, but still better than many, perhaps most, similar zoom flashlights.
  5. The 3 mode high, medium & low brightness is fabulous - no other useless crap modes.
  6. It is the perfect size for a pocket when out walking.
  7. Perfect size and weight to hold in mouth while crawling around under cars.
  8. I do find it will overheat and shut down when used on high brightness mode for long periods.

I score it 3 stars out of 5. If it sold for $10 these days it would score 4 stars.

I wish I could buy some more, or even something similar.
Half decent compact zoom-able flashlights no longer seem to exist!

Wow, this is a blast from the past :slight_smile:
Welcome to BLF mcquade181!!!

Well, I am not sure if they are still in stock as sometimes Fasttech has things in stock but then they are not, but check the On The Road flashlight in the link:

https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10019848/4206302-on-the-road-z821-led-flashlight-gift-set

It is the same type of model :wink:
On The Road also has the i3 model, a small 16340 flashlight! Being an OTR fan, I have some lights of that brand and I recently “joined” parts of 2 different lights: the top of the i3 and the tail of the M1.

Here’s the result, using a 16650 battery (2500mAh, slimmer than an 18650, but with capacity too) :wink: