Reyden

Hey everyone!
Location - Ukraine (Dnepr) / Male / 25 old. What else… hope that’s enough.
Interests - solar power / powerbanks/ headlamps. Having some experience I can assist in any questions dedicated to this topics.
My english is about medium, so do not judge and you wont be judged :slight_smile:
Hope to find many interesting ideas at this forum and gonna share some of my with you.
Basically I don’t have a single flashlight except one prototype, that I’ve been developing so far.
My greetings to all folks from fonarevka here!

We don’t judge people on their English. We judge people on whether or not their flashlight can light up the moon!

Heh, Ruthless! I’m not completely sure that my “evil flashlight” can lit up the moon. :slight_smile: I thought there could judge by the color of the led bin.

Welcome to BLF!

Welcome!

Welcome aboard Reyden. Hope you and your evil flashlight (hope we are talking about an actual flashlight and not something resembling one) have a great time here.

Welcome. Look forward to your contributions!

Yep, it’s real. There’re a few interesting features in my headlamp: li-ion charger aboard with a real mppt, which perfectly works with 10W solar panel, 5V output and of course step-down led driver. At the current point, it requires case, that can be made on 3D printer from Abs/Nylon or Pet filaments. If I succeed, no doubts I do :slight_smile: It’s gonna be an open source project. I mean, everyone would be able to print a flashlight and customization capabilities are great.
So it’s not a topic for discussion, rather more first look and shake hands.
With a great community, we can do a lot together. That’s why I’m here.
Thanks man.

Hi and welcome. There are quite a few very bright people here. :slight_smile:

Welcome aboard!

Hi there, and a warm welcome!

Thanks for signing up, Reyden!

Welcome!

Sorry, wasn’t questioning if your prototype was real or not. I was just trying to make a sophomoric joke. I’m not good at written humor.

Your prototype sounds pretty cool. Wishing you the best on it. :slight_smile:

Hello

Welcome Reyden. I have this sudden urge to play Mortal Kombat.

Yep, I have the same, mk4 is the best :wink:

Thanks man! I enjoy your avatar, is it your doggies?
Here is my main thread SWIFT Solar Wide Functional Headlamp, developing and discussing.

Welcome Reyden, my English is about medium also,lol
I’m interested to learn about solar, I think it’s getting better and might be doable in a cloudy, rainy climate now but need to do some research

Well, there are many factors that can have influence on efficiencies as solar cells and electronics. Let’s say, we use the most available solar cells with a decent efficiency 24% and best end mppt controllers, what’s next? There’s also a possibility to improve total efficiency as a reult - harvest power, automatically rotating a solar panel toward the sun. On my mind, the prioritate and developing direction is CPV. As for me, I’m more interested in portable solar panels and low power.

I don’t know…, may be it worth to create a dedicated topic or post some useful links in existed one.