Rigging up WPII 2 to charge 2 26650s at a time

bose, curious how long it takes to charge? And it would be interesting to compare that time to charging directly in the charger with one.

Anyway, that turned out great!

Needs a tiny bit more work, dowels are too big, need to get the next size down, debated while I was at HD and got 3/4”, should have got 5/8”, my fault.

Nice!

Sweet !

I have a 26650 host & batteries on order, and was wondering what charger to buy.

Problem Resolved, Thanks to bose301s & Budget Light Forum… 8)

Finally have some 26650’s and pulled this up to make my setup. I was wondering instead of dowels could you just use clips on the charger from the home made battery holder.

For example

Battery holder cut to fit the 26650
wires soldered to the outside of the battery holder (postitive, and negative)
small aligator type clips soldered to the wires that come off the battery holder
aligator clips attached to the battery charger in the appropriate spot

hopefully this is enough detail to understand if this will work or not.

Thanks

It definitely would on the negative end since you could just clip onto the “paddles” but the positive end may be more difficult. The positive end does have screw holes so you could use a screw in it and clip to that. Otherwise should work perfectly.

Nicely done. Think I’ll do the same with either copper nails instead of screws or just the bare wire pancaked and soldered. It might be possible to shave one side of each dowel and mount the modified C holders to them.

Thanks just wanted to make sure.

I have a different charger and has access to clip on both sides.