Roche M170 - 3 X U2 / 4 X 18650

I’m late, but I’m here :smiley: just subscribing :stuck_out_tongue:

Roche M170 driver for sale:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=21841564418
and about this driver:

Runs fine on AW IMR 2000mah cells

So sell it (metaphorically). How do you like it? How does it compare with the King?

just received TM11-TM15 holster, and RM170 perfectly fit in it. woohoo!! :party: some photos below, sorry for the poor quality;

I was lucky with purchasing holster here: Hkequipment.net, lanyard is from this flashlight , it looks & feels like designed and made for RM170 too :slight_smile:

I haven’t been able to figure out the UI on mine yet. There’s no user manual for this thing anywhere.

I did, within few days))

1. long press button for turn-on the flashlight(max brightness)
after that
2. twice press switch - go to low mode
or
2.1 thrice press switch - go to SOS mode
or
2.2 press and hold switch and flashlight will go to stepless mode(100% - 5% with memory)

from low mode;
3. twice press switch - go to strobe
or
3.1 thrice press switch - go to SOS mode

in strobe or sos modes;
4. continuously fast press switch and flashlight will change modes like: strobe-high-low or sos-high-low.

cheers! :wink:

According to a guy in the german taschenlampenforum there is PWM in the low(est) mode… Puzzled
Can someone confirm/disprove that?

load and watch this video - RM170, and this one with SRK for comparing. for me looks like no PWM with RM170, but I’m not “deeply in touch” with all these “PWMs”, so please look and tell if there PWM or not in lowest mode. SRK looks like does PWM in low mode…

Did you make these videos?

I recommend this thread considering PWM detection:

I normally go with the suggested methods in post #4 and #29, but most of the time I can recognise low pwm instantly by “moving my eyes”.

Another method is placing a black cloth aka shirt over the light, turn it on in (low and mid) mode and put it next your ear. It will make a buzzing sound when PWM is used.
btw: Does someone know why this happens??

yes, videos I did. and if there have PWM, it very small comparing SRK. and unpleasant buzzing sound comes without shirt in lowest mode)) so I don’t use this torch on 5, but just a little bit, 10-15 higher. and no any PWM, absolutely :slight_smile:

[quote=doingoutdoor] BLACKSHADOW Terminator ? Our price is $115 for U2 version , $120 for T6 NW Ship with tracking number, free shipping cost We will upload it to our store next Monday [/quote]

Woah, there seems to be A LOT of pushiness.

He didn't ask for your price, he asked where JohnnyMac found it for 112USD. So unless you are willing to offer the answer to where JohnnyMac found it.

The commercial sellers rules are here. -link

And a line clearly states: Please DO NOT post links to your products in other threads unless users specifically request information.

Now some will argue you're just trying to offer information, but many would agree that, unless you are willing to offer information on competing sellers' prices including prices that beat your own, you are currently simply just advertising where you shouldn't be.

Rules must be rules, especially if all the sellers started going through all the threads and posting their prices. You are walking a very narrow line.

thanks for your effort!

you welcome! :slight_smile:

I want one!!!

you can buy it here with very good price: www.doingoutdoor.com, don’t miss it for your Roche M170! :slight_smile:

Just ordered from Bill of Doingoutdoor an M170 nw for $68.99, shipped, and 2 pairs of these from FT:

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10001980/1143701-panasonic-ncr18650a-37v-3100mah-18650-rechargeable

Edit: The two orders were made with-in minutes of each other. Who wants to guess which will arrive first?

Well, the M170 via Singpost arrived three days ago, but the cells via HKpost are nowhere in sight yet.

Just ordered one of these beasties, the nine mode version from FastTech. Seems like not many dealers still carrying it based on the number of links in this thread that no longer work. Interesting seeming light with the variable brightness capability.

Arrived and it does have an “interesting” UI. Not impressed with the output level which seems to be closer to 2000 lumens or a bit less when comparing to several of my other lights which RMM has measured. Still in the ballpark for the claimed 2400 lumens particularly if that is LED lumens. Arrived missing the magnet and spring illustrated in the one product photo on the listing page and I have requested them from Fasttech. See if ever received.