Rocher AS50 Mystery Light

Anyone know about this light?? Looks pretty nice. Other than the listing on Aliexpress I can’t find any other info.

Rocher AS50

It does look like a nice thrower. I might consider getting one if it was a little cheaper.

You should start a fund raiser to purchase it. I would give you $3 via PayPal to buy it and review it. It we can get others to donate $3 then you wont be out much if it turns out to be crap.

Just a great idea !

You know, I really wish ALL these companies would provide pill shots. That is a VERY tempting buy. :exmark:

Maybe Banggood should start carrying it since they sell all the other Rocher models and have it cheaper than this. HEY BANGGOOD, DID YOU HEAR THAT?

Rocher has not been updating or producing new models since last. Not sure if they are still active in flashlight business?

Looks very like the Solarforce M9

Let’s hope they are like at least one of their other lights. Easy access.

I think, I had seen this light on banggood)) Rocher AS31 CREE XM-L2 1A Tactical LED 18650 Sale - Banggood Deutschland sold out-arrival notice take a look at pictures)

At first glance it does not look too bad. I’m going to guess that there’s not much meat there. Yea, no screws for the emitter base…probably a mil or two at the most. I’ll pass until I hear otherwise. Looks too much like a C8 pill. I really hope I’m wrong though.

Pro, it is pictured with the light in the link you posted, that’s how this all got started :slight_smile: :https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/31939?page=3#comment-746131

Other Rocher light? Isn’t the host you have pictured here a Convoy brand? https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/27024

Simon sells the unbranded host, but the full light is sold as the Roche LS01

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I’m considering this host for a future build with an MTG2, $18.63 from Simon or Banggood has the complete light for $17.84

I just built one myself. You’ll have to open up the reflector a bit to fit the mtg2, but it’s a great host. Gives the big emitter a nice beam.

I bought the host from Simon because there have been reports that the full light comes with some threads glued.

I was going to post some embarrassingly false information, but checked one more time on my Roche LS01. It actually looks like these are the same... almost the same.

Actually it is a bit different. I must have been drinking when dismantling this thing the first time: I had somehow missed the threads that are seen on the above picture. Now I saw this gap and had to force those open. They are actually glued but didn't need to use any tools. Heavy gloves were enough. My light had a black O ring instead of the red in the threads with locking compound.

Those threads also look unfinished(with some aluminium chips), but that's a minor problem and will be easy to clean up. Now it makes a lot more sense as the pill is accessible without removing the reflector. The other threads in my light - the both ends of the battery tube(there is another threaded joint just below the 3 "heatsink ribs") - have the same kind of red O rings as shown here.

Now I think I finally see the difference. These are just finished differently and put together with different gaskets while the metal construction is the same, isn't it? I have to agree that this is a very good host and a good (but underpowered) as a stock flashlight. I'm also going to upgrade with MT-G2.