S2+ Tri LED mod, what parts to use

Yes the tube is on correct and the battery is touching the springs

Jump the battery to the back of the tube, take a piece of wire or metal touch it to the back of the battery and the back of the tube, see if it works.

Works

Can you retry with the tailcap and the 18650 tube and 18650 battery? May be something related to the switch…

At least Mountain Electronics shows 47 in stock:http://www.mtnelectronics.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=66&product_id=925 , but indeed I can not see them in the Jaxman Aliexpress store anymore. I will ask in the jaxman thread if they will be sold again on AI.

18650 works

Tube sounds like it’s a bit short, not making contact with the cap. Got some solid copper wire, you could make a ring and roll it around the inside of the cap, or solder up some multi strand and make a ring out of that and try?

light is now working, not really sure what it was. i took the tail cap apart. and the driver board out. retightened it all back down and the stupid thing works. so not sure what changed but it’s all good now. Thanks for all the help guys.

couple pic’s to share

Well done!! :sunglasses:

Glad you made it lotec :wink: I have some to build and these are quite nice :smiley:
(And yeah, djozz, the Jaxman hosts seem very fine to do these triple! Don’t have one, but they will be on my list !)

Okay so i ordered the FET + 7135 Driver board for this light with the guppy3rdv firmware. And that should mark this light off my list with all the mods. I also ordered the other lens I wanted the 10509 Carclo Lens

Niiice :sunglasses:
Mine has the same driver and the same FW, and I’m using it with the 10508 lens, frosted! Super nice beam so you will get a nice beam too :wink: Good choice!

How do you like the firmware? It seams a bit daunting with all the modes available. The regular Guppy firmware is easy to nav thought.

Thanks

I’ve set it to a “simple” 10-4-4 (Firefly / 5% / 33% + Double click for 100%, always starting on FF).
The setting process is quite simple as well, and the output it gives are ideal for what I need!
I am not using that flashlight “full time” yet, as I want it to have a lighted switch and I’m still solving the bleeder resistor issue so that I don’t have a “next mode memory” when I turn the light ON.

But I guess it is pretty simple to set it and to use it! You just need to check what “modes” you will prefer!
But, you also have another driver from MTN : 17mm DrJones H17Fx Driver w/ lucidrv2 - 7135 + FET, if you need other options!
So far I like the one I’m using and its modes :sunglasses:

Just finished my 2nd triple

There are a few things though

I’m not really happy with how close the amc’s are with the spring and its not noticeable brighter then my other triple with 2,8A convoy biscotti.

The last thing is, i wanted a lighted tailcap, Lexel already mounted the resistors needed (thanx) but i did not get the convoy lighted switch working.
After reassembling the old switch it does not function anymore.

I reassembled it several times without luck.
Measured the omten switch itself, it does function, but measuring on the spring and pcb, i don’t measure contact.
Am i doing something wrong?

Regards
P

Does anyone have pictures on how the Metal clicky switch installs? I ordered one, but not sure how it goes into the flashlight tail.

Look over here “https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/37658/2”
It is threaded, just screw it in or out.
It does only fit hosts with the steel tailcap (which standard come with a steel switch)
you cannot switch a rubber boot for a metal one.

Which host are you going to use?
I’ve replaced the black metal button on the Desert Tan and it was relatively simple operation. Can post some pictures if you are using this host!

If you are using a regular S2+ host (black, grey, or “mini” (18350 version that is blueish/greyish)) you may need to mod it more than just “installing” it!

You beat me :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess Jerommel has done something with a metal button on regular S2+, but I don’t think he took photos. Can’ be sure on this, though!