S41 18650 tube burned an emitter... Options?

Messing with my S41 long tube today and over heated it I guess. Got a spot on one of the Nichia 219B’s.
I have never did a reflow, but could I guess. What would be an exact match? Or fitting another Nichia quad board to swap, Where to buy?

Update 8/9/21016
Lost another emitter yesterday. Took off the lens cap and optic to see the Domes are falling off. Emitters still light but are an Awful COLD Blue tint now. I believe the legs of the optic are too short and too much pressure is applied to the domes when the lens cap is tight.

Hi,
can´t tell you the exact version or tint of the Nichia 219 that´s used, but isn´t this a guarantee case for the customer service? This light is advertised to work with that optional 18650 tube so it should be able to handle the heat. The other 3 LEDs did, so obviously one of them was faulty or not properly soldered on the board.

K.

Could be the MCPCB isn’t sitting properly, this is what i was greeted with when i opened mine.
The only way to tell is to open it up and if you’re going to do that why not install four Nichia 219c’s or XP-L HI emitters while you’re at it.

Full teardown of my Manker E14

Thanks…

I have emailed BG about the defective emitter & will update once a reply is received.

Looking for a quad set I have only found the T-pad from RMM. Not sure if the Manker optics will be a direct fit.

Thanks CRX, I have read your teardown prior to purchasing. I have not fully tore down my S41 yet but was pleasantly surprised with what I saw inside and overall build quality.

Hello vwpieces,
can u PM me the order number?
I will help.
Regards,
Neal

Not Happy.

20% will not buy the parts (4 matching LEDs) if I were to reflow my own. If I bought a quad board with LED installed I would also need a new optic to fit that board.

I replied with a request of a replacement light or 100% refund.
REALLY NOT HAPPY with my purchase or CS solutions.

Was going to buy this light, suddenly some threads like these appeared… Hope your problem gets resolved.

It isn’t necessary to have all the LEDs match. You can get very pleasant output by mixing and matching different tints and bins of the same LED. Swapping out the burned LED for a standard Nichia 4500K 219B should work fine. The output of the different tints will all mix together in the beam.

However, if you’re a perfectionist, you may not like the slightly different tint visible when you look into the bezel in moonlight mode.

I’m not a perfectionist but 2 weeks and 2 emitters??? … No reason I should have a new light with ODD emitters. Replacement part should be quick and easy as a new board and emitters.

Only way I see to resolve the issue of domes coming off is to get a board with de-domed leds or XPL HI.
Price delivered for 4 XPL HI mounted to Quad Tpad and Carclo 106 is $32.50.
20% refund is only $9.60
If BG can’t send me a board with emitters, then I have a useless host. I didn’t buy a $50 host.

Don’t take my rant personally. I just want my new light restored to its original condition or enough of a refund to have it repaired properly, Myself.

I shoulda passed too. Watched the Video review in the BG description and caught the disclaimer by the reviewer that he received a bum emitter in his sample. Watch the video @ 8:15… Obviously a KNOWN issue of these lights and it should get resolved for ALL buyers.