[Sale] 7. batch DD 1S/2S Bistro HD OTSM/NarsilM/Anduril drivers 12-47.5mm size S2+, C8, H03, MT03, Q8 Clicky or E-switch

Lexel will contact you through the PM (Personal Message) system. He’ll get all the details and you pay through PayPal.

excellent, thanks!

I always say PM me, I don’t keep always track of my topics, but PMs get an E-mail alert
PayPal is the most common way, but also bank account can work

I got a lot done this weekend on drivers and Aux boards

Finished fitting my Lexel driver to my MF04S today, running Anduril - happy customer here.

Just wanted to say that my current set of EDC lights and my “soon to be finished” modded light are all using Lexel’s drivers with Bistro HD OTSM firmware.
I am using 15mm, 17mm and 22mm drivers !
Thanks for your work :+1:

Oh crap again one AMC not working on a driver

Bugger isn’t there a way to identify without removing one by one soldering?

Yes there is in fact an easy way if you got an IR thermometer or camera or very sensitive fingertips

Wow, so sometimes they just dont work at all?

How would you suspect 1 of 6 not working, by turning on a level that’s 100 duty cycle on them and measuring the current?

Maybe pouring some rubbing alcohol and watching it evaporate would show the one not working? On 5 it evaporates quick, but on one it evaporates slower.

Alcohol evaporation or Ice spray frosting the driver should work as well,
but if you got a part that does not have such a high power loss then often the IR camera is last hope to see less than 1 °C difference, like a dead short inside a MLCCapacitor
I had those bastards on one or 2 drivers, before I had the IR imager, can be a real pain to find on boards that are not typical drivers that contain only a few

This one was my fault, I secure back side with SMD glue, so they stay in position and don’t move outwards during the reflow,
when I placed the AMC on the board on the pad it moved quite a lot outside and smeared the glue to the whole ground pad,
effectively disconnecting it, first time this happened, but one of the small legs not connected happens sometimes

as I always test my drivers on my Rigol DP811 PSU, so I see with Bistro drivers if all AMC delivers the right current in Mode ALL AMC,
on ramping drivers it’s hard to notice at all

Arrow going crazy on component packaging and shipments

Long story short
I ordered parts for around 52$ for free international express shipping

3 Parcels now, one Netherlands, one USA and one China
all with Express shipping and DDP, 2 times DHL one time UPS

and they even pack 200 47k resistors I paid 23 cents for in a box likely more expensive in a single parcel
and for 10 Attiny in MLF package a whole tray used

Much more efficient when ordering from Mouser, MLF in a small ESD box and any non ESD stuff in a zip bag

Yea, Arrow packaging is so ridiculous that I don’t even want to buy things from them. You wouldn’t believe the massive stack of boxes on my porch and all the plastic trays I had to discard just for a smallish order of chips and leds and stuff. The resulting pile of trash was actually guilt inducing. They have to be losing so much money and it makes no sense.

Selling stuff on a price tag of 3 or 10k items from a single item, so often price bugs
and you have to be careful 2. time I ended up with capacitors sold in a bag not tape, seems KEMET does bags with their new caps
originally they planned 4 shipments, here just the too cheap items
Shipment: 1
Tracking: 1Z75A9436870091069

RC0603FR-1047KL
YAGEO
Quantity: 200
Price: $0.0023 Total: $0.46

Shipment: 2
Tracking: 9785081456

TMK212AB7475MG-T
TAIYO YUDEN
Quantity: 200
Price: $0.0437 Total: $8.74

Shipment: 3
Tracking: 1698087565

TMK212B7105MGHT
TAIYO YUDEN
Quantity: 300
Price: $0.0059 Total: $1.77

Shipment: 4
Tracking: 1698087565

RMCF0603FT4R70
STACKPOLE ELECTRONICS, INC
Quantity: 500
Price: $0.0026 Total: $1.30

C0603C472K5RAC
KEMET CORPORATION
Quantity: 100
Price: $0.0038 Total: $0.38

Made a new LED block for testing driver
As I had often dust burning my domes I wanted to seal it

upgraded the heat sink significantly in thermal mass and cooling power using a used air tunnel cooler that has a solid 10mm top plate

Disassembling old and marking the new holes, had already soldered the heavily stressed 12V XHP70.2 to a Lumintop GT MCPCB

Holes drilled and a bit sunk

Cut threads and applying thermal paste

MCPCBs prepped for good contact

MCPCBs mounted

Tried to cut a piece of AR glass lying around didn’t work so well, used hot glue to put all together

Very cool, just keep in mind that using the notches on the edge of the mcpcb is not going to press down near the center like a reflector will. I’m a little worried about that xhp70.2. Maybe its massive size is good enough to keep it alive.

I pushed the MCPCB around the LED with like 30kg a couple of times and the paste came out on the left side where I cut a bit away from the MCPCB
I cleaned all the pushed out thermal paste with alcohol and tooth brush, all the MCPCBs had quite some paste pushed out

Anymore of these available? I take one of these.

I do believe that Lexel is “on hold” currently, as you can see by the time he hasn’t signed in. So maybe you won’t get an answer soon.

Hopefully he is well/recovering and hopefully he’ll get back to BLF someday, he’s a great asset to this community :+1: :beer:

Wow, it’s been two and a half months. Let’s hope he’s okay.

I hope he is well, if anyone else has drivers please let me know! Thanks for the heads up guys.

iam new to this forum
how can i buy astrolux s42 driver

First off, here’s hoping Lexel is ok :+1:
If / when this is available I’d like an Anduril one 38.5mm Courui D01 with 3 inches of each wire. For use with an e switch.
I’d also like some advice if possible what leds this will run? I’m looking at an xhp50 3v presumably this would do it? sorry I did try to understand it all but it’s over my head :person_facepalming: