Sanyo 18650 unprotected 2600mah (light blue button tops) BOGUS DO NOT ORDER!! Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

I just ordered so I will be able to tell you in about 4 weeks. Right now I’m just hoping for the best. But they do look good and all the signs point to quality cells.

I ordered some cells from another aliexpress seller and wish I had bought more. They were long gone by the time mine showed up to get tested. I figured I would share the sale before it gets changed. Even from aliexpress this is by far the cheapest I have seen them.

For that price, I'll take the risk. Thanks for the heads-up.

Thanks, I ordered the $8 one, never scrounged batteries before, so this will be my first dumpster dive…

I ordered 2… good enough for gifts :wink:

I have looking long time for this batts and never buy one… hahahha

I cant comment on the laptop cells.

Looking at the pics in the link under product details, 1st pic, 3rd battery to the right: the date code appears to be O37C… at least to my eyes. So these appear to be 37st week of 2010, which would be 1st week in October, 2010. If Im right about the code and the dates in the pics are representative of the actual items being sold, and the cells have been stored in a cool dry place without moisture, these should still be good.

From this example:
L37A is their production date code.
K=2006
L=2007
M=2008
N=2009
O=2010
P=2011
37=produced in the 37th week

Also, check this thread for more date info: Help me identify these 18650 cells for more info on ID.

I just purchased 40.

Thanks for sharing. I ordered a lot also.

Thanks for the info. On the dates. Like you said it’s still no guarantee but it sounds pretty good.

Love these Sanyos even more so than the Panasonics! I have my fingers crossed for all of us.

I pulled the trigger and received this message an hour later:

friend i am Solemnly declare this battery is UltraFire battery

I think I'm going to cancel.

Thanks for the heads up. I sent him a message and ask him what the deal is. Dang I hate dealing with stupid people. I let him know that if it’s anything other than what is pictured he needs to refund now.

Seriously sorry about posting this.

What the heck? Well that sux. Did they just send you a random message or did you ask?

Yes it does. I just checked and if you log into ali-express the message is there. I sent him and message back saying that if it’s anything other than the batteries pictured that I want an immediate refund.

Bad news… Sorry for that… I never buy before in sites like those… I never trust in those stupid peoples… I stay whit the known sites and sellers…

The BLF A8 was sold on aliexpress.

There are good dealers on there, determining who is the hard part.

+1

So dissapointed… Drop the seller a PM. If it is ultrafire. Would like to have my cash back…

I logged into ali-express, but I must be blind, can you point me in the direction the message?

For me it showed up on the order page that was sent in a confirmation e-mail. As part of the confirmation there was a link to a new message. There was actually two.

Fri Apr 05 18:55:06 PDT 2013

Fri Apr 05 14:28:53 PDT 2013
hey friend this battery is unifire do you need ?

It seems that the person who wrote this doesn’t know what they have for sale. I’m waiting for the seller to reply to me. I’m hoping this is just an employee or someone who has no idea what this means. To them Ultrafire or unifire might simply mean supergreat fantanstic battery.

Good catch! Thanks, I found it.

The email title is “(your name), you have a new message for your order.”

yefei wang
Fri Apr 05 19:09:32 PDT 2013

My reply for both orders:
If it’s anything other than the exact Sanyo UR18650FM 18650 2600mAh batteries pictured in your listing then I want an immediate refund.

For you BLF’rs, feel free to copy and paste my remark into your reply.

That sucks!