SBT90.2 driver for Courui with e-switch - suggestions please

I think it’s time to upgrade the Courui that has been waiting for years to be upgraded.
I have huge copper heatsink for it, just need a suitable driver. Can be up to but not over 38mm in diameter. Will be using 1-3 cells in parallel.

Direct drive !! No driver :wink:
OLcontest, modified light: 20cm fresnel lens thrower Post #30

This one, from the first post here .

Thank You Scallywag ! :+1:
I am in the same boat as G0OSE and more members who need specific drivers with no supplier.
Guess its time to jump in building our own and flashing it. :wink:

I could build one but right now it would be like a 2 month wait since the only part I have on hand right now is a single ATTiny85…

I missed these answers, sorry. :person_facepalming:
Yeah, I’m kinda leaning towards a 3v xhp50.2 but that is proving a monkey to get hold of in the UK, the only place that has the tint I want is Cutter AU and they want an unbelievable £26.95 to post 1 led.
I did ask could they not just pop it in a regular small bubble bag and post it snail mail rather than express (which would cost a LOT less) but they can’t do it.
I understand the price is not their fault, but a little flexibility in how they post 1/2 leds could be looked at surely. I can post a small envelope to Australia, 6-7 days starting at £1.45………

Yep that price is bullshit. I can send a box to the UK 500g for $25.95AUD
I can get one from them and send it to you if you want.
I will just pop it in a birthday card as a joke. Tape it to the inside of a card and say happy birthday hope this brights up you day.
Let me know.

EDIT: Just checked price they want $15.85 AUD to send it to me. I am on the same coast expensive when you buy just one thing. The cost to send it to the UK will be $17.70AUD or not registered for $3.20 but they say it will take 25days LOL. So maybe if they are sending it express its cheaper than I can get it for.
Click on letters for price.
AUS Post

later

Subscribed since I also have this light left unused.
Any ideas would be great.

25 days wasn’t an issue, I made this clear on the webchat, but they don’t want to provide and un-signed for/un-insured option or that’s the impression I got, which is fair enough I suppose.
It could be an option to have an online ‘opt out’ though where if it went lost you couldn’t claim, but even regular post in the UK has insurance free but only up to £20. I don’t know about OZ post.
Thanks for your kind offer though Rat :+1:

biig radiator for biig TO-252 fet ;)) Can someone provide proper measurements? I will finalize and share on oshpark .

I’ll measure mine up later for you :+1:

Ok, so depth wise you have a tonne of room - even with that huge deep copper heatsink I have there is 10mm at the edge, 20mm in the middle. If you didn’t have that copper heatsink (most won’t) then there is as much room as you want!
Diameter is 38.5mm thickness is 1.5mm - there are 2 ‘tabs’ on the outside edge of the driver which make 40.9 diameter, they are 4mm wide - but you won’t need those really. Screw holes are 3.2mm

Courui FET+1