Searching for a 26650 light

On the way to my best buddy I’ve tested it again. The SP33 on turbo is definitely nearly the same to the BLF A6 in my view.

So the disappointment stays, although I really was awaiting the arrival of this light. :frowning:

What a great tribute to the A6 if it is outperforming the SP33 :wink:
But I do think there HAS to be a problem with your sample of SP33 if this is the case.

No, I don’t think so. Maybe that overall the SP33 is brighter, but as the A6 has got a better visible center it seems to be brighter.

Brightness and spot intensity are two different things all together. Sounds like you’re confusing kcd with overall lumen output.

I’m confused with nothing. The SP33 does not look brighter, that’s it. It’s a bummer to me.

But that’s what I’m saying, if you’re shining both lights on a wall and judging which one “looks” brighter the A6 would “look” brighter as it has higher intensity.

I can take a 5000 lumen Q8, shine it on a wall on turbo from a few foot away and then take my 1200 lumen A6 and shine it at the same spot, from way further away and the spot of the A6, just a 5th of the lumen output of the Q8 will “look” much much brighter and be easily visiable against that 5000 lumens of the Q8. That’s intensity and has nothing to do with overall lumen output.

No. I’ve tried that and it does not work :smiley:

And: I didn’t mean whitewall-shot, I mean looking somewhere in the dark: forest, urban place, wherever you want.
The Spot of my A6 is brighter and on a longer range visible than the spot of the SP33, and my intention buying the SP33 was to get an overall better light with the better battery-life of a 26650. What I’ve got is only just the better battery-life. Nothing else.

It sounds like you are looking for something more throwy. I really think you would have been much happier with D4S XPL HI.

DB dedomed his, maybe this helps?

Maybe what is wrong is that your battery voltage is below 3.7 volts. Turbo becomes only high after it goes below 3.7v. Also , no 2 minute step down below 3.7v.

if you want high lumen with nice beam you need multiple leds with reflector or optic or big led like xhp50.2 with big reflector.
d4s with sst20 has nice color options dont cost more and had decent throw. But dont know how it measures in your shine on woods a6 spot test.

IFOWNER…

“”Imalent DN70: Long click to power OFF. That’s a show-stopper for me.
The more lights I own the more I think I am really a fan of hardware-tailcap-clickies, especially like in the BLF A6 with half click to go forward and long half click to go backward.“”

That OFF click is only around a second. Not several.
And I think the side sw is waaay better than tails. (personally)
———————

“”Quote: A C8+ with 26650 would sell a few too.“”

There’s a C8+ with 26650?

C8+ with 26650 is just a “dream/Wish” of mine.
The perfect power small torch hey.

I think the 21 series will be a short lived version of battery’s.
Neither one thing nor the other.
Bigger, with not really much more capacity for life than a decent 18650

What’d be the diff between an L2 or L6?

If throwy, it’d be similar to the L2, if more “balanced” then an L6.

More or less, of course. Obvious differences in dimensions, styling, etc., but not much as far as function or philosophy.

L6 with 1x26650 tube would be nice