Searching for my first Flash Light

Will just be using it for lighting up and alley way at night that already has some dim street lights so a powerful light would be a secondary benefit. The main purpose would be having something big enough to give someone a good wack with it if need be (I’ll be walking around an alleyway in the middle of the night).

Budget: $100 maximum

I owned a couple of these flashlight: https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10028399/6419702-authentic-crelant-v6cs-led-flashlight

I sold them because they were big and heavy. You can get a much warmer tint for a few bucks more. This is an 18650 flashlight. Perfect for the zombie apocalypse. I myself will most likely become one of the first zombies so I do not need such lights.

Was hoping for something with a longer handle though

Here you can find a number of flashlights that should fit your needs:

Best bet may be to get an old Maglite 6D and a decent LED drop-in for it.
It has the advantage that it doesn’t look like a weapon, unlike the bat-lights, which may receive a hairy eyeball from the Auzzie police.

Something like this is exactly what I was after, do you know any sites that would be able to ship to Australia? Most google results just show ebay or american sites that dont ship here

Hi.
Look at the BLF L6 Under $100 on Coupon. I paid $86 Del to QLD last month.
Magic torch. Blind a dog at 500 yds and beat a bear to death with it, (weeeeell Almost).
2 x 26650 cells. another $15ish here.
The L2 would probably do same job at lower price. Read up on them here.
Designed by tech’s almost… on here and you not paying for a name.
Just good design and well/solid build.
Access.
Here. Bangood. Gearbest to start.

Another.
Coke can size. Good fistfull. It’d hurt. SKYRAY “KING”. 4 x 18650 Battery in base sect.
Mine is a 9 x lED head. great l spread of light. NOT a long thrower. but will shine as far as a normal man can see clearly.
From memory cost around $36/45 Del.
Plus the 4 x 18650. ($30ish for good ones. $15 for cheapies del)
Both types legal to carry.
The list goes forever. $20 to a thousand virtually. Have fun.

Convoy L6

Voted for L6

Hi Kevin,

I don’t know what dark alleyway you will be walking down, but it sounds scary to me….
I live in Perth, and don’t have too many places like that.
I have been buying mainly from Banggood, and can highly recommend them for shipping to Australia.
Most orders have free shipping and take 2 to 3 weeks delivery. If you’re in the eastern states it should be quicker, because most of the stuff lands in Sydney first, then we have to wait another week or so for it to get to WA. - I’m impressed with their customer service as well.
Before you buy anything, there are lots of coupons and discounts available on this forum, that can sometimes save you 30 or 40 percent off a flashlight. Just ask, and there are plenty of knowledgeable people here that will only be too willing to help.

Mod one of these with a better led…

Wondering why would you be walking an alley at night if you think it’s unsafe? :innocent:

Something has to pay the bills, its more an extra precaution. I dont expect to have to actually wack someone with it but I would rather have it than not. Also in my country I don’t think the law is going to look kindly on me having one of these baseball bat look-a-like lights. I would be happy with a torch that resembles a small baton.

Please let us know which flashlight you decide is worthy of hitting people with.

Even a 2D Mag is pretty hefty. Grip it by the throat, finger on the button, holding it near your ear but as if ready to whack something with the tail of the light, not the head. The wider head will keep it from going flying out of your hand even if wet, oily, etc.

Most of the pix you’ll find are of someone getting ready to shoot something in the face, but the hold is quite handy. I do it that way for everything from a little SP10 to a big honkin’ Q8. Quite nice, doesn’t throw eerie shadows.

Don’t mess around.

Remington 870 Pump 20in barrels, SG’s, With a L6 Torch.

OR Like us.

Live in Queensland. where we don’t even lock the doors or cars yet.
Still civilised, almost.

Nobody gets drunk or violent on XXXX Gold…

You dont need a large flashlight, if you aim a 3000+ lumen flashlight at them they will be blinded for a few minutes and defenseless. Ive tried it by accident. I recommend compact lights for this reason but the upcoming Sofirn SP70 is a longer weightier flashlight that would serve you well. It will be 5000 lumen. The triple emitter version of the SP70 should be 10,000 lumen and best of all the price will be very affordable

TrustFire TR-J20

So after a few days I’ve decided on getting the Convoy L6. I tried looking through the ‘BLF User Negotiated Deals’ but found it a bit overwhelming since there are pages of deals and even on the Gearbest or Banggood there are multiple listings for ‘L6’. Is anyone able to help me with what one I should go for? (I would like the black colour not silver). Also will I be needing to buy batteries and also a battery charger?

If’ you’re getting the L6, why not just wait for the upcoming Sofirn SP70. It is basically an enhanced version of the L6 that is receiving alot of design input from the BLF community. It will use the more recent XHP70.2 instead of the XHP70 in the L6 and there are many other improvements.