Seeking advice for how to stack resistors - FX-30 driver mod in Convoy L6

Yeah, that looks like 1206 size 0.1 ohm. Same as R100.

Random question but hopefully someone knows the answer: I have the non-e switch version of the KD FX-30 driver, and I want to put it in a light with an e-switch. Is it possible to solder an e-switch to the board while I’m resistor stacking and have it work that way? Or will the firmware make that impossible? I have the driver and a spare e-switch, but I’m guessing the firmware won’t let this go together? Hope I’m wrong, there are still two pads on it for an e-switch, but I don’t have the ability to re-flash it if that’s a requirement to make it all work. Thanks a ton.

If it’s a non-e-switch version driver then it would need to have different firmware to recognize the brief power cuts to change brightness.

They would make one firmware for e-switch and one for clicky switch. I don’t think they would even bother trying to combine two different firmwares together especially when it’s not even going to be used. It’s just extra work for no reason.

Where did you find this driver version? I have not heard about it. What do they say about the firmware?

Hi, I don’t have any experience with FX-30 driver. But after gathering some info and images from LHT and Convoy store in Ali, I think the LHT just selling the driver without the e-switch and reversed mode (High to low) but still in 5 mode and hidden strobe. CMIIW.

I got it from KD a few years ago and now I have a light that needs a 30mm driver and 2s 18650, but I guess it won’t work with an e-switch even though the pads are there. I bet you are correct that they wouldn’t put both firmwares on the driver, but I know very little about stuff like that