Setting a Standard for Group Buy, can we set one?

I agree completely. If the light/company is new, it should be sent to a reviewer who can objectively validate and confirm the manufacturer’s claims as well as a general overview of the light, including build quality, heatsinking, machining, packaging, etc.

The three GB’s I’ve participated in (M6, K40, and S2) have been awesome for me. :slight_smile:

Fully agree. Well said!

Ps. I volunteer to be a reviewer & suggest adding at least JohnnyMac to the reviewer pool.

Great idea O-L, standardizing and having a plan will make things better for everyone, the dealers will know that they have to have a product that will undergo scrutiny with flying colors, and by doing so it will have a greater appeal to the buyers. Not only for the group buy but in the long run, as the review will be here for newcomers and those just finding it to see how it actually stacks up to the listing.

Group buys will have guaranteed success as there won’t be any surprises.

Hope this takes on a lot of steam, as it would be a sure thing and take any guesswork out of the purchase.

2 Thumbs Up!

I would have loved to, but in my experience the companies are not willing to send out a sample for review. They want dealer sample price for one which was significantly more than the group buy cost. I'd not think that would be fair to the reviewers unless maybe a group of us chipped in on the samples.

Perhaps the group purchase could split the cost of the sample. Say there are 20 members that participate in the group buy. The $100 sample price would be divided equally by adding $5 ea. to the purchase price in the group buy to pay for the sample.

Obviously, the more members that participate the less each pays towards a sample. The reviewer get’s his free, either way and thanks for the effort. :wink:

Definitely agree. A lack of information has kept me from buying a couple of times.

It was actually ridiculous how difficult it was to get simple information like lumens and runtime, so I just didn’t buy.

As long as the flashlight has the goods, they will be able to sell more with information like this available.

we also agree with that.we banggood can meet this.actually we send many flashlights for blf members to do review to help members knows the flashlight well.So if blf members need to group buy some flashlights,just contact us,we'll give the flashlights sample and discount.

I know most members here love flashlights and collect many flashlights,so I think use the less money to collect more flashlights is needed.

That’s very nice, thanks for chiming in.

I’m sure it would be great to work with BG for group buys.

Aurabuy is also great for group buys.

Wallbuys i seriously recommend too.

i don't review budget lights so i am out of the pool.

before i launch a group buy on a charger (XTAR, ..), i'll have the review sample tested, no problem folks you can trust the dino.

and what about the squirrel? ;)

I shot him and fed him to the dog.

Nooooo!

:_(

Dog’s gotta eat! This is the country, we observe the food chain. Besides, pesky tree rats are getting in the attic.

Yes and now the dog is ill.Tongue Out

How if supplier cover half of it and participants of GB cover another half of the GB price.
At least supplier can get user opinion that will help them improve their products and free advertisement which will cost them more money if going to do it by their own.

It's the manufacturers, not the suppliers or dealers. Dealers will usually send a light for review, especially if you are going to group buy from them. Manufacturers are usually not familliar with group buys and they want payment for every light. They just need to be instructed as to "how it works".

Supfire X60 groub buy on the fly!! :D

I agree 100%. I will not spend over $20 for a light that doesn’t have a review. Next mode memory, tint, and improperly implemented PWM are all deal killers for me. And in my mind every budget light has these, unless proven otherwise.

I think this sounds good…but logistically how would it work? Would interested buyers send/Paypal the GB sponsor 2-3 bucks? Keeping track of that would be a daunting! It is already a huge amount of work putting a group buy together. Having to bird-dog who paid their 2-3 bucks…in addition to all the other details would take a lot of time.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t work…and there might be a better way. But if not, I think I’d rather pay for the review light myself and send it to a competent reviewer.

There is more to a group buy that meets the eye, and it is a lot to handle. Another thing to keep track of would be a chore, but they just do not understand the power a reviewer could have on sales. Either that or they do and they are worried...

I will keep an eye out for new interesting lights like the M6, but do not think I will deal with known "premium" brands again. Their so called dealers have too much power, even if they just started a few days ago. So much power they can kill a deal that was started a month ago

Hi

maybe you can see this two review,Review: Klarus ST30 , Review: Nitecore MT21A, we provide the flashlight to do review,and give the coupon to the author,buy it or not depends everyone self.The price is also very low.