SFT-40 3000k Warm White released. Tests??

How many do you ordered? Can you give me one of these for a test? (Now that I have enough MCPCB, I do not plan to order from KD…)

Nur zwei. Ich brauche sie nicht unbedingt und kann dir eine schicken, wenn sie ankommen.

1 Thank

Das wäre top, dann kann ich die mal testen :slight_smile: (Brauche die LED auch nicht, außer für den Test.)

I will test this STF40 3000K 95CRI as soon as I getting one sample from @Unheard, along with the standard low-CRI cool white type.

4 Thanks

IMG_7666

6 Thanks

KD always waits a few weeks to ship my orders.
If you order from AE you’ll get your items faster but you’ll pay a little more.

1 Thank

I receive my orders in about 3 weeks. Not as fast as AliExpress, those arrive so fast now, less than 2 weeks sometimes

1 Thank

The last order I placed at Kaidomain.com didn’t ship for more than 3 weeks.

1 Thank

I ordered June 26th, still “processed.” They communicated fine by email when I had a question prior to my order. No response to my inquiries last week and the week before. It’s fine if it’s delayed for some reason, but I feel like they’re ignoring me.

The prospect of a 5000k high CRI XFT40 has me interested!

2 Thanks

If Luminous does what they did with the SST20 the 5000K won’t be High CRI, only 4000K and lower would be High CRI

5 Thanks

Thanks for mentioning that.

Seems a slightly odd decision given warmer tints will affect colour more anyway.

I don’t understand that either. Color authenticity is only given with CCTs similar to the sun (5000-6000K). Warm light distorts the colors, despite nominally high color rendering.

But in the end - it’s Luminus. :man_shrugging:

1 Thank

The logic might be indoor use (warm tones usually) vs. outdoor use (power required). Lower CCTs look ugly with low color rendering. Not sure who their customers are besides flashlight manufacturers.

2 Thanks

the sun gives different color temperatures, also warm ones, just measure them when it is setting and not in the shade

4 Thanks

Hi all, seen several posts talking about this new temperature but no beam shots! Anyone have any links or would be so kind as to attempt one? Thank you!

I took some kind of crappy beamshots the other night.

Two different lights, an sc31 pro, and a convoy c8+

Also have some other beamshots mixed in to give some comparison.

I’m new to taking beamshots, but locked all the settings and white balance and tried to dial things in to look as much like what I saw with my eyes as possible.

6 Thanks

Hoping we see a 4000K or 4500K version soon. I know that the 5000K has been available from Hank for a while, but I’d prefer something a bit warmer for outdoor use.

2 Thanks

There’s some beamshots on Reddit by a few people if you search for sft40 3000k. Id give you a link but Ill let those people put their pictures on here if they want to, I feel weird about doing it for them.

2 Thanks

Good point, I’m sure their decisions are based upon their primary markets; I imagine flashlights are not high on that list.

Here’s a quick tint comparison pic. Forgive the sloppy editing, put this together on my phone. Did a little post processing to make it look true to my eyes (on my Pixel 7 display at least).

Unfortunately the DD 4500K 519A was the closest thing I had above 3000K. I completely stopped using this C8 because I have better performing cool white lights, and I really don’t like anything above 4500K to begin with. With this 3000K chip, I’m using this host quite a bit now! Beats anything else I can think of for a warm white thrower chip… But I might be forgetting something.

If anyone is interested in any specific types of shots, let me know and I’ll see if I can take them.

5 Thanks