SFT40 Emitter - What's so great about it?

If 5000k or 5700k hit the streets and look ok I am think of replacing some XM-L2’s with these. Courui D01 would love one!

Btw, one thing that’s not so great about the SFT40, is that’s not high CRI. Very noticeable if you’re used to high CRI. But that’s ok for a thrower.

5000k would be appreciated. Especially if there was a mid CRI variant with R9≥10

1 Thank

I agree. I really like the xhp35 HI gen 1…but those are long discontinued and supplies are drying up quick. Even the 35.2 HI is largely unavailable. Great emitter, but 12 volts needs 4S 0r boost driver.

These appear to to be N5 BIN, 5700K

I just got a convoy S2+ from Simon in the mail that has the SFT40 in it. It’s REALLY bright, and has a good throw. The temperature is probably around 5.5k if I had to guess. I’m happy with it.

Great way to start a campfire…

I compared my SST-40 vs. SFT-40 in KR1, less flood, perfectly round stronger/brighter throw/beam. I still like the former but the latter is much more impressive.
This seems to be the LED the KR1 has been waiting for.
2c

The Justice, do you have the ability to measure lumen and throw on your S2+ sft40? I'm guessing it's going to be about 1600lm and a little over 300m of throw. I know the driver is limited to 5a, does the beam look green to you?

John-Atwork

I can’t measure lumen output, but I can compare it to any one of the known lights in my profile though. I can measure throw when the weather clears.

It definitely puts a good bit more light on target than my 1000 lumen headlamp, and I only notice a greenish tint on moonlight, but it’s not bad at all, and the green glow in the dark ring around the lens might have something to do with it. :smiley:

Nice. I've been considering getting one. I already have a w1 and a sst40 with a pebble optic, both 18350 size. Then I saw that Simon is now selling the same setup with the after and I'm like I want one of those too.