Shadow JM07 Clone Spotted at DX

I really don't know. My guess would be no, but I can report back.

-Garry

Ok thanks.

Vaguely recall someone said their JM07 almost fit, but didn’t quite screw in the whole way.

The Sky Eye F15 (Trustfire A8 clone) may be a better choice for use with the Defiant Super Thrower. Pulsar is getting that one in for review and can relay that info. We know the TF A8 tube fits.

-Garry

Oh yeah. Was talking to gords about an A8 clone for that very purpose. Might try em both depending what you find. :slight_smile:

i will let you know when i get it. i dont have a defiant, but i do have the a8. if the a8 will work and all parts interchange between the a8 and f15, it should also fit

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/16470#node-19158

Was referring to this one actually… the other a8 clone lol

Now DX has added an Ultrafire version (LZZ-F13) of this Sky Eye F13. Same price.

-Garry

Now we have a Raysoon version for $26.

-Garry

This light is on meritline too, but the description is suspect

Yeah, the entire description sounds suspect! I've never dealt with Meritline and don't really desire to.

-Garry

I have no experience with them either, and don’t really feel the need to gamble. There is no way that light is actually NW.

Sadly, I don’t see these sorts of budget lights ever being offered in NW. They hype lumen ratings like crazy already, so you know maximum brightness bragging rights is their main concern. NW and warms have slightly less output - which would obviously never sell! :wink: riiiiiiiight……

The day the cheaper vendors/mfrs start offering neutrals & warms would be a bad day for vendors like intl outdoor and fasttech, but a great day for tint snobs! :slight_smile:

Well they did claim only "860 lumens" on this one which could be close to being true! Somehow I don't believe this statement though: "Integrated "Precision Digital Optics Technology" provides enhanced reflector performance" - yeah right! It's a basic cheap chinese aluminum reflector!

-Garry

It does seem like they stole a nitecore pioneer description, like was speculated on that other thread I linked.

Not sure why they would do so… but then I dont agree with a lot of what goes on…

Yep, stats match the EA4 Pioneer, that’s exactly what they’ve done, they’ve copied the stats and a lot of it’s description.

This part made me laugh:

“Innovative single button two-stage switch offers a user-friendly interface”

So this light apparently has a camera style shutter button like the nitecore lights, only it’s invisible. :bigsmile:

Don’t think I’ll ever bother with meritline.

pretty stupid sales tactics if you ask me

Well I received this light today. Some quick rambling thoughts and some quick photos using my phone. Packing from DX was pretty typical:

Light disassembled:

Reflector is aluminum and quite small (width & depth). All threads extremely dry and squeaky. O-rings are thin and don't fit tightly. Spring on the driver is off-center but that seems to be because the spring diameter is wider than the + pad to solder it too (just slightly too large). Tailcap spring leans off-center. Body tube is very thin and very lightweight. The finned section of the body (where the pill screws in) is heavier and seems pretty decent. 3AAA carrier is typical. I notice the reflector centering piece seems that it might not allow the emitter far enough up into the reflector (have no cells on me to fire the light up). Oh, and there's no thermal paste that I can see under the emitter! I poked at the side with a pencil and the star just moves around (I couldn't pull it up to look under). Tailcap switch feel pretty good (not too gushy).

Right now I'd say I'm a little disappointed in the build quality. I expected (perhaps "hoped" is a better word) it to be a little better. It's ok, not awful. Will probably handle a 3A XM-L ok, but I wouldn't say this host is beefy enough for 5A. Even when I do get a chance to fire this up I don't have a good multimeter to check tailcap current (found mine to be grossly in error).

I'm going to try to do a full review with pics sometime, but I don't know when. It's getting very hard for me to find the time nowadays! I thought I would at least post these quick impressions.

-Garry

I checked my DX account and my flashlights is shipped out today - maybe I would have changed it, if I knopw about the quality. I will also made a review, when I get it (I think it will take 4 weeks for shipping, 1-1,5 weeks for writting the review (it takes some times).

Thanks Garry, so sounds like for the price it’s o.k but nothing special. I had a feeling that might be the case, price wise it just seemed too cheap and I’ve been burnt before with the shadow JM05 clone.

Does the tube fit in the Defiant?

Sorry this took me awhile to get back to. It does fit perfectly! Smooth as butter!

-Garry