Shadow SL-3 vs Blackshadow Darth?

huh, that palight d3x looks like a pretty decent light. especially if the brightness is just as bright with only 1 cell.
but with 2 cells, its starting to get pretty big vs the sl3 and darth.
but if its truly 2600 lumens, this thing is the brightest of the bunch for sure.

as for the ets40, looks almost identical to the term, but for that price, id just get the original.

It's probably not as bright on one battery, and much larger on two.

Personally I haven't had good experiences with Palight. Not with the d3x specifically but other Palights. The v60 quality was great but I hated the UI.

The Palight m900 zoomie just sucked all around. A step down in quality, plastic lens, and next mode memory. I won't be purchasing another Palight... not without seeing a few glowing reviews.

Well, the head on the Palight looks very small so I’m going to say it’s probably very floody as well. I have and reviewed a very nice Palight HXM-900LS and am very impressed with it’s build quality. I never met a zoomer I didn’t feel disappointed in so I’m not surprised about the Palight zoomer being a disappointment. The bad thing about Palight flashlights, including the D3X, is their driver and modes. The highest mode is between strobe and SOS: Hi>>Mid>>Lo>>Strobe>>Super brightness>>SOS without memory. It really sucks. The D3X will also be a much longer light than the Darth since it’s 2 cells are in series.

I agree, JM, never been a ‘zoomer’ fan. As far as the Palight driver, it honestly doesn’t bother me much. I always consider ‘Turbo’ as a temporary / specialty mode, so I have no problem with that grouping. And the quality is solid.

However, Ric recently got back to me @ D3X output, and pegged it at 1500 lumens. I’d put up with the extra length if it were 2200 to 2500, plus nice to have 1 or 2 cell option. However, at 1500, I’ll stick with the size & mag-ring of the Darth. :slight_smile:

Good choice. 8)