Shadow TC500 - big thrower with side switch, U2 XM-L

Unfortunately it doesn't have 800 lumens - current from batteries is only 1,17A. That's why it won't outthrow STL-V2 or match T40CS.

The specs seem to have been updated and show a 2.8a current regulation. It appears to be very well driven if accurate.

[quote=Richie086]

The specs seem to have been updated and show a 2.8a current regulation. It appears to be very well driven if accurate.

[/quote]

We'll just have to wait and see. Shadows are generally under-driven, according to the many posts I've read. And I have the TC300, which is definitely under-driven. That's why I opined that the STL-V2 would out-throw it. Pok, that bet of ours is still on... (now where's that spare dollar I had lying around?)

I would say that under-driven is not the correct word. JM07 @ 2.45A Shadow TC6@ 2.5A, smaller sized VG10 @ 2.1A. There are other flashlight very well worthy of the word under driven. Maybe they wrongly assign drivers in some flashlights.

Let's see, Eagletac TC20C2 (MKII) 1.2A with 1x18650

Would one say that the Sunwayman T20CS @ 2A with 1x18650, is under driven? Some would say so, especially when many buy small to very small 18650 flashlights that are driven @ 2.5-3A.

BanglaBob, may be you won

For sure, need more comparison beamshots and LED draw.

Okay, now I see a discrepancy between the sales thread on CNQ and their other site, Fancyflashlight, which shows it as 2.35a on High mode rather than 2.8a.

Question is now, which is the correct regulated current for this light?

Chinese review shows flat regulation and 1.17A draw on 8.4V. The current might increase after the voltage gets lower.

There is a major issue with this model, the side clicky is not waterproof at all. The steel ring that maintains the rubber button is unthreaded and there is no o-ring !!!

http://forum.hardware.fr/hfr/Discussions/Viepratique/lampes-torches-addict-sujet_54128_1883.htm#t31888027

Is it just press fit? Looks like a cheap way to do a switch.

Hmmm, the owner of a local store here has both the HD2010 and the Shadow TC500 and says the TC500 comes out on top. His version of the HD2010 puts out 3A on a panasonic 3100, not sure if it’s a clone or original. I’m really liking the design and look of the TC500 in the short version, looks like a fantastic super compact thrower. Considering getting one along with a DrJones 3.5A driver. As for the switch, it’s the same as my JM07. I’ve had no problems, seems solid and I’m 100% certain it’s at least shower proof, although I haven’t tried diving with it.