Share your Wallbuys RMA experiences here!

Update for my side of the story:

I think the SRT7 was sitting in the post office for a week, and I has to remind Wallbuys to pick it up.
They promptly did within a an hour, and then I asked them to refund my return shipping, which they did.

So far, so good! :slight_smile:

All my experiences have been very good so far. Albeit I havenā€™t had an issues with any of the products I bought. But with what I have bought they have been the cheapest and all my packages have arrived quicker than any other etailer. Fingers crossed this good luck continues!

Follow up on the above post,

Wallbuys sent a replacement, the replacement is also defective.

It has taken over 20 emails back and forward just about this replacement (not including the first faulty one) and they are trying to avoid replacing it at all costs.

They have seen the videos and so have Sunwayman, Sunwayman agrees they are both faulty after seeing the videos and said Wallbuys needs to replace them and they will send one to Wallbuys to replace it.
But still Wallbuys wont send one and are trying everything in the book to get out of it.
They treat me as if I am stupid and donā€™t know how to change mode on a tail clicky flashlight even though I have shown them how easy it is to change the modes on the first faulty one.
Sunwayman is happy to send a replacement to Wallbuys if they send me one they have in stock but Wallbuys doesnā€™t want to send me one.

So thatā€™s 3 out of 3 items I have received from Wallbuys now and they are all defective.

Sunwayman are trying to do all they can because its their name at stake and Wallbuys is screwing around for no reason at all.

I would recommend to avoid buying from Wallbuys based on my experiences, they will bend over backwards to avoid sending replacements or refunds for faulty items.

I may or may not purchase from them again but next time Ill go straight for a paypal claim rather than trying to reason with them while they drag out the the limit until you cant open a case.

I think they eventually replace your faulty lights, although it might take a very long time.

Even if you do win a PP claim, they will require you to ship back a light thatā€™s worth more than $20, at your own cost.

I just work it out with WB, since they do reimburse your shipping.

At about 30+ emails with Wallbuys now and its getting no where, and another 10 or so back and forth with Sunwayman.

Sunwayman told Wallbuys to replace them but Wallbuys still wont.

Sunwaymans alternative is for me to send it back to Sunwayman for repair/replacement at my cost and thats about $19 shipping for a $20 light.

Way to go, Wallbuys!

Wow, that really sucks, sorry to hear that.

I wonder if replacing defective lights costs money on the vendorā€™s part or the manufacturer itself.

How does Wallbuys reject your defective light?

Thats the issue you have with international sales. On small orders the return postage is more than the item price. So its a GAMBLE, PayPal is a mixed bag, Iā€™ve been burned a few times even though I jumped through all the hoops with detailed claims.

On a large order make sure to use a Credit Card through PayPal or just bypass them if possible. Credit Card Companies have always protected me better than any PayPal dispute.

Yes, I find credit cards are better too. But there is some negative for sellers when Paypal decides on your behalf (maybe their rates go up after X claims, or something similar), so Iā€™ve found stating clearly I will open a Paypal dispute if you donā€™t refund me usually will get the seller to behave. Here is the thing: for the seller, if Paypal finds on your behalf, they have to return the money anyways, so why not do it before a formal dispute and avoid whatever negative rating and/or cost increase in the first place.

There must be ā€œnegativesā€:

I still did not get my order from wallbuys, I asked Cherry and
she told me to wait 3 more days, contacted her again and she said:

OK, and thank you so much and I will go home from tomorrow,
so if you can not receive it , do not complaint in Paypal ,OK?

Cherry tells me that she can not refund my money while the disputes are open
and that I should cancel my paypal disputes (which is BS).

It seems most of the problems with wallbuys stems from big-brand name lights. Luckily for me, all of my orders have been of the budget variety. And all of them within the past 2 months.

Sellers like Wallbuys probably donā€™t give many employees access to the PayPal account. So, when you open a dispute your are now dealing with at least a manager or part owner etc. I bet the owner rather have some cheaply paid employee deal with customer returns. H)