Sharing: New genuine Toshiba laptop battery pack on Ebay - 12 cells - $16.99 (incl shipping)

I picked up my batteries.

A strange 'hole-in-the-wall place behind a dry cleaners. No indication they're there except the '665R' on a mailbox.

I just opened the first battery, got Kelly green cells, ~2.21-2.26V. Labeled:

SF US18650GR

K G511MMD25C

Kelly Green Cells?

The US18650GR is a Sony model number and color.

The box says “Brand: SONY” on it, which suggests, along with the wrapper color and code, that they are indeed Sony cells.

I was just surprised after seeing Ohaya's from the same small lot. Fantastic deal, 58 cents each before sales tax!

Got this from arztt’s post here:
Link to quote thread

Well, they are supposed to be 2150mAH. So the rest decodes to a April 25,2004 date of manufacture if I did it right. Guess that explains the $6.99, few laptops worth using that long.

Amazing how much longer they live when not abused in a laptop, eh? :)

Have you tested the cells yet?

I'm hoping they actually are new. When I was picking up my order a couple of guys in the background were moving some boxes and I overhead one say to the other "Open one up and see if it can pass for new."

Not surprising, but still disappointing.

First ones were ~2.25V, the others ~2.12

I’ve read through this thread a few times trying to figure out what got Jim so upset and can’t find anything. Just hoping he’s OK. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ohaya, for posting this thread!!

Same here.

The only thing I positive can contribute is some luck I just had getting the sticky glue off soem harvested cells. My brother in law gave me an HP battery pack that someone abandoned when they broke their laptop, and I was able to harvest all six ICR18650-22F cells from it that came out at 3.5V. I noticed that trying to rub the glue off with a pot scrubber or fingernail scratched the tube, so I laid them on a paper towel, sprayed some ‘Goo Gone’ on them, and then wrapped them in the towel and left them to soak for a half hour. When I unwrapped them the glue came straight off with one wipe. I suspect there are lots of other household cleaners that would do the same thing, maybe dish soap or even cooking oil would work? Also on the one that I put a small nick in the wrapper, ‘brush on electrical tape’ seems to do a decent repair job.

The seller has listed more, but $2.00 higher price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-LAPTOP-Battery-Toshiba-S2430-2435-A30-A35-PA3335U-1BRS-/190913381367?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item2c735303f7#shId

The site says, “This List Has Ended”. Ten units sold. :_(

'The List Has Ended'? What list? What are you talking about?

...yet another post where I can't tell if panthervision23 is an actual sentient human or a bot of some kind.

Still a pretty tempting price. I'll see how these charge up. The first 6 are reading 4.21-4.23V about 3hrs. after charging.

Thank for finding this great deal ohaya.

What he meant was This listing has ended. That is what you get if you follow the link from the OP.

Second half dozen charged, 4.20-4.23V right off the charger.

I bought one of these:
HP 12-Cell $12.99
No doubt these batteries are old, probably around 2007. Seller couldn’t (or didn’t want to) tell me the date of manufacture of the battery. I was willing to take a gamble on it, I will let you guys know what I find inside next week when it shows up.

Unfortunately I do not have a hobby charger, but I do have a multimeter, a few flashlights, and a stopwatch. I can compare runtime against known good batteries (Panasonic 2200, 2900, 2900PD, 3400, etc.) so that I can have some idea what kind of capacity is left in them.