Sharing: New genuine Toshiba laptop battery pack on Ebay - 12 cells - $16.99 (incl shipping)

Well, they are supposed to be 2150mAH. So the rest decodes to a April 25,2004 date of manufacture if I did it right. Guess that explains the $6.99, few laptops worth using that long.

Amazing how much longer they live when not abused in a laptop, eh? :)

Have you tested the cells yet?

I'm hoping they actually are new. When I was picking up my order a couple of guys in the background were moving some boxes and I overhead one say to the other "Open one up and see if it can pass for new."

Not surprising, but still disappointing.

First ones were ~2.25V, the others ~2.12

I’ve read through this thread a few times trying to figure out what got Jim so upset and can’t find anything. Just hoping he’s OK. :slight_smile:

Thanks Ohaya, for posting this thread!!

Same here.

The only thing I positive can contribute is some luck I just had getting the sticky glue off soem harvested cells. My brother in law gave me an HP battery pack that someone abandoned when they broke their laptop, and I was able to harvest all six ICR18650-22F cells from it that came out at 3.5V. I noticed that trying to rub the glue off with a pot scrubber or fingernail scratched the tube, so I laid them on a paper towel, sprayed some ‘Goo Gone’ on them, and then wrapped them in the towel and left them to soak for a half hour. When I unwrapped them the glue came straight off with one wipe. I suspect there are lots of other household cleaners that would do the same thing, maybe dish soap or even cooking oil would work? Also on the one that I put a small nick in the wrapper, ‘brush on electrical tape’ seems to do a decent repair job.

The seller has listed more, but $2.00 higher price.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-ORIGINAL-LAPTOP-Battery-Toshiba-S2430-2435-A30-A35-PA3335U-1BRS-/190913381367?pt=Laptop_Batteries&hash=item2c735303f7#shId

The site says, “This List Has Ended”. Ten units sold. :_(

'The List Has Ended'? What list? What are you talking about?

...yet another post where I can't tell if panthervision23 is an actual sentient human or a bot of some kind.

Still a pretty tempting price. I'll see how these charge up. The first 6 are reading 4.21-4.23V about 3hrs. after charging.

Thank for finding this great deal ohaya.

What he meant was This listing has ended. That is what you get if you follow the link from the OP.

Second half dozen charged, 4.20-4.23V right off the charger.

I bought one of these:
HP 12-Cell $12.99
No doubt these batteries are old, probably around 2007. Seller couldn’t (or didn’t want to) tell me the date of manufacture of the battery. I was willing to take a gamble on it, I will let you guys know what I find inside next week when it shows up.

Unfortunately I do not have a hobby charger, but I do have a multimeter, a few flashlights, and a stopwatch. I can compare runtime against known good batteries (Panasonic 2200, 2900, 2900PD, 3400, etc.) so that I can have some idea what kind of capacity is left in them.

Specifications
Your Laptop Computer:
Your Part Number:
Item Manufacturer:
Chemistry:
Output:
Dimension:
Notes:
Hp Compaq
395753-251
Energy Plus
Lithium Ion (LiOn)
10.8 Volts, 8800 mAh
2.29 x 8.09 x 1.49 inches
12 Cell Extended Capacity LiOn Intelligent Battery

2200mah cells

All my Sony's are charged and holding @4.20-4.22V. Only a day, but looking good so far.

Hi,

I guess that some of you have been wondering about what led up to post #46. Now that some time has passed, I’ll try to explain, possibly not very well though.

As some of you know, awhile ago, I had found and posted about some “new” Fujitsu packs, and a number of us eventually bought those, and it seemed to turn out pretty well for everyone back then.

Since then, I’ve been keeping an eye out for similar good deals, especially on “genuine” packs and most especially on “new” packs, both for myself, and to pass them along.

Even though I didn’t post about them, there’ve been some “duds” along the way, which I bought/tried, and I didn’t post anything about those… I just won’t post any deals unless I’ve checked them out myself.

So anyway, then, I found the packs in the OP, and those sounded good. Plus, about the same time, this whole debacle with shipping batteries from China was “hitting the fan”, so I ordered one to evaluate and test. That about when I posted the OP, on Saturday, 09/14/2013.

I didn’t receive the 1st pack until Tuesday or Wednesday, but by that time, I felt some sense of urgency to get the info about what I found out, again, because I felt that as the China shipping mess continued, it’d make it harder and harder (and more expensive) to get batteries, so I harvested the batteries from the 1st pack and started charging them as soon as I could.

That was on Wednesday some time, and I had several chargers (2 4-bay chargers, my Accucel, and another couple of 1-bay chargers) running simultaneously to try to get the job done ASAP.

I continued to post info about what I found once I started charging them throughout this whole thing, almost real-time, and also responding to questions.

Maybe it was because I was just dead tired by the time this all got done at about 13:00 the next day (by that time, it was > 24 hours w/o sleep for me), but I started getting the feeling that there was some doubt about the deal (“Still worry about its quality.)”, even though I had done my darndest to post EVERYTHING, both good and bad, that I found while working with the batteries from that 1st pack, which is why I said what I said in post #46.

I hope that I’ve explained, but no need for further comments from anyone…

Later,
Jim

Hope you saw all the posts thanking you… :slight_smile:

I find the deeper side of the case makes a great storage tray, too. It's deep enough to guard the contacts pretty well. It's not very easy to make contact even when I'm checking voltages with the meter probes. Usually the case is just trash, and I save several dollars that might otherwise be spent on storage cases.

Finally got it apart last night, came in the HP packaging, which had been opened and re-taped. Looks like Sanyo UR18650FJ 2200 mah cells of 2008 manufacture. All of them measured 3.81 volts. Will do some runtime comparisons with some fresh Panasonic 2200s.

The HP pack was hard to get apart until I heated it up… the key is heat on the seams. The glue sticks like death until it gets warm; I used a hair dryer to warm up the seams and everything went much easier after that. It doesn’t take too much, they just need to be warm.