ShiningBeam Blaze $30

The extenders I got from Solarforce are not compatible with my Blaze.

Ok. Thank you for the quick response

Can anyone compare tint to other reasonably well known lights? In other words, is this more of a 6000K cool white, or more like a 7000K+? I have way too may cool white lights that glare like crazy.

I think both the T601 and the blaze use the U2 emmiter…so they are rather cold in tint.

I’m not real good at distinguishing tint, but the Blaze is very cool; from a quick comparison, more white than Thrunite T30, Exno E3, Fenix P3D, iTP A3, Thrunite Ti, Balder SE-1……glarey, I’m afraid.

I’m waiting for my third one in the mail. A great deal for a great light.

i bit the bullet and got one, cant beat it for the price, this will be a nice edc for me. i already have a bc40 but that light is kinda pricey so i keep it nice, this one i can throw around a bit

Yeah the tint is pretty white. If you are looking for something warm, looks elsewhere. It is a nice white though. If you want a stark white for tactical, this is a good light. I was going to mount it on my shotgun but the head is too large and won’t fit with the mount I have. It is very front heavy and had a out of proportion large head.

I wish the head was a bit smaller and they used at least some Solarforce compatable spec parts. I like the tint, the brihtness, the wonderful build quality and most of all the user interface. The UI is superb. I hate clicking through modes to get the one I use most and the way you can set this is great. I like this light a lot for a tac light. For a edc it is way too large and heavy for me.

Brian is very cool to deal with and shipping is double quick…

just got the light today, amazing light, compared to the bc40w i have, the blaze feels more solid and better built imo than the jetbeam, not saying the jetbeam is bad, its good, just the blaze is better. plus the blaze has a good low mode that is actually useful and won’t blind you in a dark room, lol output wise of course the bc40 outguns it, but not too much

Is there an extender tube for the Blaze? I love the light but it is so head heavy that a 2x18650 set up seems like it would balance it out.

a little underdriven though. does anybody know if a driver switch is a reasonable option?

I don’t know how under driven it is but it is slightly brighter than my Solarforce L2P with nailbender drop in. It has plenty of light and a good UI. I love having multi modes but not being stuck with having to cycle. Set it and use the clicky, nice way to get more modes but keep a light easy to use. Best of both worlds.

This light is a great deal, this one is also great
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-69/****NEW****-Romisen-RC-dsh-T602-II/Detail

My Blaze just arrived. By far my most solidly constructed light; this thing is a rock. (A rock that gives off a really nice glow.) I doubt thirty dollars will ever buy a light this good again — jump on it.

It’s no longer a “scratch and dent” sale, by the way: these lights are perfect.

Seriously: the next time you spend thirty dollars on some other flashlight, it will be inferior. I guarantee it.