Shocking A6 Groupon

+1,000,000,000,000,000

Rather than playing games, Eagle Eye could communicate promptly and professionally, while making a sincere effort to meet customers' specifications/demands. If that had happened, you never would have lost out on this opportunity in the first place.

There is plenty of competition, and perhaps you haven't realized that, yet. Hopefully, this is a learning experience for your company.

I love my BLF Eagle Eye so naturally feel bad for the company especially if Banggood let them down communication wise. Having said that Manker seem to want the business and have put in the effort to provide the torch required in a timely manner.

These group buys are good for us but also good for these companies. They are getting thousands of dollars worth of free development and engineering expertise for free and making a profit at the same time. This has to be good news but they need to earn it by offering the service that this kind of deal requires.

I hope Eagle Eye learn from this and come on board with more group buys in the future as they do produce some nice lights.

Rayus manufacture eagle eye.

Marc

Following patents/copyrights in China is something new to me. Competition encourages better products and lower prices.

Is the salt in the wound perhaps the use of “A6” nomenclature?…

Regardless of going with Manker (which was the correct decision based on requirements) and unfortunate break-down of communication between BangGood and EE, maybe continuing to call it an ‘A6’ was perceived by EE as rubbing it in.

If a Budget Mobile Forum created a group-buy for a new device and called it the “BMF iPhone”, I’m sure that just because it wasn’t claiming to be Apple, wouldn’t make using the ’iPhone’ model name acceptable, especially on an aesthetically similar/identical device.

Of course, patents and copyrights need to be considered and if they don’t exist (as seems to be the case with ‘A6’) then it is indeed all moot. But principles still exist that could cause upset with a respected firm like EE. After all, Convoy didn’t call their S2+ the X2, despite the identical host.

I guess if agreements exist between two companies to share production of models, then this could be agreeable; such as Dipper BD02/3/4 and the same Convoy BD02/3/4 (I assume this was a mutual agreement or Simon shares production facilities with Dipper.)

None of this really explains the continued use of the “C8” model description to describe a generic host shape across so many different manufacturers. Perhaps sometimes the model name is just okay to re-use and sometimes not.

I would have been just as happy for the GB to have been called the B6 - either in honour of the forum, or Bugsy who organised the GB.
On the same note, perhaps the new X6 V2 GB should be differentiated from the regular X6 which is also EE’s? This Krono version could be K6 for the 18650 (instead of the smaller version), and K5 for the 14500 (using the same naming convention by cell-size as ToyKeeper noted).

Thoughts?…

Agreed with the above. X6 v2 should be renamed to B6. And possibly K6 to K5.

Even though the fact that we are not legally prohibited to use that name and design, there comes the “moral correctness”. I think it’s fair and within our reach to do so.

I think your assessment of salt in the wounds is quite valid. The use of the model number exacerbates the issue, and makes it like the “AWT style” batteries someone was complaining about, only in this case the product is better than the original.

I always thought the name had to do with a form-factor. Meaning anyone can make a “C8” style light with their name on it. This just happened to be an “A6” style light make by many manufacturers. Those that change the style name do so only to fit their own naming convention.

I had one of the EE group buy lights. It indeed did not deliver on specifications. A very simple cheap light in my collection blew it away in performance. It did make a great gift. It was a quality light in many respects. But it was not what it was suppose to be. The M-A6 promises to be a truly unique light worthy of a BLF signature. It appears to be exactly what we asked for.

I too hope EE uses this as a learning experience and works up a truly unique offering for a group buy. I still like zoomy lights and love programmable drivers for bike light applications. Got something to offer to entice us?

@ Mr.song of JinLang company - Stop blowing smoke and stop whining.

@ Banggood - I never expect good from you guys and this thread just reinforces what I have come to expect from you. Sorry, but the way I see it.

For the rest, we just need to stop thinking we are something important. Our little group buys are a pittance in the marketplace and the only thing we do, is to provide some free publicity for these guys. Kind of like being CNN. All for show, but nothing that makes a real difference.

As far as blatant copying and stealing ideas, no one does it better than China right now, but every nation has done it at one time or another and will again, most likely.

Many good points here made by many parties.

Kloepper nailed it in overall summary.

Hank pointed out the down and dirty fact that people here in the US did that early in our history. Look at Thomas Edison. Famous US inventor in popular opinion yet the reality is that he was as much a thief and thug as he was an inventor. He stole inventions from Nikola Tesla and many others and was happy to take full credit.

Old Lumens (in true cranky old man fashion) :wink: did a great job of just telling it like it is.

The Chinese patent system has a long way to go and most of their manufacturers have a lot to learn but a few (tip of the hat to Simon) are catching up, but they have a long battle ahead…

Yourrid wrote
“Lesson to be learned, Mr. Song; listen to your customers and give them what they want instead of offering samples that do not meet the specifications. If the first samples were 100% correct the FIRST time, we would already be talking about a new group buy with you.”
+1

No make perfect sample is my mistake, our company will draw lessons, will design and produce more flashlight show to you, thanks for your support

+!

I wish you well.

Thank you,
-Chuck

+1
Hopefully we can continue to work with you and BangGood in the future.

That is a very hopeful response :slight_smile: I look forward to see what you come up with.
And just know that the X6 is an great platform for mods we love around here :wink:

Speaking about the X6, you guys should be looking in to selling them as a triple or quad, they are amazing with a FET driver,XP-L + the CUTE-3 or CUTE-4 optics.

+1,000,000,000,000,000,000

Then JinLang company, Banggood and BLF, will again be able to arrange & enter into mutually beneficial deals/group buys/designs.

Thank you Very Much,

Best Regards,

George

Thank you very much!Your support is the power of our company constantly develop new products!