Should people delete off topic posts in a thread?

I thought he was behaving badly and therefore my comments were meant to provoke :slight_smile: but they were tongue-in-cheek as well.

He could have had a sense of humor with his response but chose not to. My personal opinion is that he was drinking/drunk throughout this entire exchange.

I have plenty of relatives that have and are serving in the military and no one knows my views on that subject from anything Iā€™ve said in this thread.

Sure, itā€™s politically correct to fall all over ourselves to thank a veteran for their service. Itā€™s kind of hard to do that with someone who is already patting themselves on the back, is angry, and sarcastic from the start.

I looked at what I wrote to see if there was something that I could or should edit. I see nothing factually incorrect so Iā€™ve let it stand.

I share that opinion. I think the best thing to do was to give him some space until he sobered up.

IMHO you shouldnā€™t cancel any post, just strikethrought what is wrong/off topic, and write edit when you add something, thatā€™s the way to have comprehensive threads
and if you can, learn the english if you want post in international forums, for experience not all are in the mood and your sympathy is ever appreciate xD
ā€¦is also better read what you write first of Save it
funny that thread is all for kreisler I bet that he is pride of that not in guilty ā€¦also for that he is funny xD

I get the impression Kreisler likes to stir up controversy with some of his posts... but he never lashes out when he is "caught" by using strong language, I give him that. On the other hand he made some nice contributions in form of lengthy,thorough reviews and tries to get us some good deals, which is nice. So far his positive contributions to the forum outweigh the "trollish/shillish tendencies" of him... but he is of a special breed... that's for sure.

Ok, GottaZoom. Although I opposed to it philosophically, I embraced the chaos for you. Hopefully we are now both happy. :nerd_face:

I concur Vectrex. I for one would miss him if he were gone. Rock on kreisler (but stop deleting on scaru LOL)

Keith

Nurse More PILLS Please!!

Never mind make it Thorazene.

Orderly, Orderly, get the Jacket and the Straps!!!

WOW, I must still be asleep. I got up and thought I logged into the Flashlight Forum, where did it go???

It's like reliving the Freakin 60's all over again here! It wasn't good the first time...

The good ole Thorazine shuffle! I know a poor fellow on that shit & his steps are about 1 inch apart (quite the sad sight) takes him 15 min to answer the door. This is a flashlight forum? I see people talking about ā€œpillsā€ I thought it was a drug forum. Iā€M in the wrong place.

Keith (who LOVED the 60ā€s)

ā€œHe could have had a sense of humor with his response but chose not to. My personal opinion is that he was drinking/drunk throughout this entire exchange.ā€

• I donā€™t drink. The VA does not give me mind bending drugs and I donā€™t self medicate. There was nothing funny about what you said. Over 57,000 Good People died there for a cause very few of us have figured out yet. Glad you think it was funny and see humor in your uncalled for comment.

ā€œI have plenty of relatives that have and are serving in the military and no one knows my views on that subject from anything Iā€™ve said in this thread.ā€

• Be sure to thank your relatives for their service for me (seriously). You very clearly showed your ā€œviews on that subjectā€. As did I.

ā€œI looked at what I wrote to see if there was something that I could or should edit. I see nothing factually incorrect so Iā€™ve let it stand.ā€

• DITTO.

I am not reliving the 60ā€™s. For the record, I was there 1970-72. I not quite as old as some of you seem to think. I turned 18 in Saigon. Iā€™m not even 60 yet and still in excellent, butt kicking shape. I still cross lines many of you would be afraid to even approach. Keep on thinking Iā€™m some doddering old invalid. You couldnā€™t be more wrong. I see where some of you trash me for the things I said to gcbryan and then proceed to do the exact same thing to me even though you had no skin in the argument. There is a strong smell of HIPOCRISY in the air. I hate hipocrites.

I DO like flashlights.

AND HIPPIES!

Please don't label people that have a different political view than yourself as hypocrites... in fact try to avoid political subjects as suggested by the site rules. We are a multi-national forum, so please try to remember that. I am sure that you have strong feelings and opinions towards this subject, but BLF is not the time or the place to bring them up... enjoy the flashlights.

ā€œPlease donā€™t label people that have a different political view than yourself as hypocritesā€¦ in fact try to avoid political subjects as suggested by the site rulesā€.

• Never once did I mention politics. Ever. Re-read my comments and get it right or butt out. You seem confused. I donā€™t care at all about anybody elses political views. Not even a little bit. Also, look up the word ā€œhypocritesā€. I donā€™t think you know what it means.

cone - ā€œAND HIPPIES!ā€ :wink:

If the Vietnam war isn't politics .... nothing is.

+1 Totally true.

I love it when dummies talk about ā€œThe Vietnam Warā€. That comment alone tells me all I need to know about the person that made it.

Hereā€™s a quick educational moment for the uninformed and misinformed. THERE WAS NO VIETNAM WAR!! The U.S. Congress never declared war on Vietnam. It was ruled to be a ā€œconflictā€. Get your facts right or get out.

Oh, and stop talking about politics. We have rules here Ya know! :stuck_out_tongue:

I see that logical arguing is wasted on you, please abide by the forum rules... that's all.

This may, indeed, be entirely true, but the so called war had nothing to do with the differing view points expressed; it was initially mentioned only in regard to where Yellowhorse served. Only two barely related topics were being discussed in the last few posts, near as I can discern. The messy merits of free speech and whether societies owe debt to the members of the armed services which write blank checks and then do what is asked of them in our name.

It might be time to virtually hug it out and exchange recipes for baked goods. I know I could use a snack about now.

Irony.

Vectrex - ā€œlogical arguingā€ Hmmm. Iā€™m thinking that to actually have a logical argument, the facts and truth must be in play. You have failed miserably to consider both the truth or the facts. Therefore, you are not having a logical argument with me. Quit whining. Again, I never discussed politics in spite of whatā€™s rattling around in your head. Drop it.

cone - You Da Man! I agree. :slight_smile: