Should we stop buying chinese product with coronavirus spread?

From this article he was responsible for looking after isolated returnees from Wuhan and not responsible for bringing the virus into Japan. And it’s an incredible (i.e. unreasonable) assumption to imply that he committed suicide because he was worried about the virus. People committed suicide for all kinds of reasons, especially in Japan for reasons that would shock people in other countries.

I don’t think we should worry about viral spread outside of a host. Given the science behind survivability in the open and the long shipping times from China in general.

The shipping times are going to be even worse due to the number of airlines banning service to/from China.

On the other hand…lowering demand might allow Chinese companies to keep workers at home so that they aren’t risking exposure to build things they can’t sell until after containment is accepted by the public.

The virus will spread and run its course. Extreme measures will slow the course not stop it. We’ve seen this in every zombie movie and flu season. Some recent research suggest being too clean and isolated reduces our ability to fight the real nasty stuff and may be one source of growing food allergies. Personally I’m drinking beer and mowing the yard “Dam you global warming” Then I’ll order something I don’t need but want. Life is too be enjoyed not feared.

[quote=Kevin Z]

[quote=hank]
Oh, please, if you’re going to rebunk David Icke conspiracy theories, at least tell us why you find them convincing. You can look this guy up.

I have a big problem with youtube censoring everything. Wojciki (sp) is a c***.

I know what the last bit means. :smiley: What’s Wojciki (sp),?
Edit , I just googled it , some women with her own agenda , not sure what the sp means though !

In my experience, if you add (sp) to the end of the word, you're not sure how to spell that word.

That makes sense :+1:

I don’t like my neighbor so that is why I asked him to receive some packages for me. When I go over, I will wear a face mask and rubber gloves to “handle” the package.

I’ll take the package and hand him a small bottle of Purrel………“Thank you for receiving this medical package from China. They assured me there is almost nothing to worry about.”

Yes….I’m fn evil!

Unless you are getting a mail order bride from Hunan……

Straight Outta Wuhan!

Yeah, look up how viruses work, you won’t get anything from opening a package unless it has something organic like meat in it, which is why most stuff like that is banned from shipping.

Either the government screwed up big time by keeping a lid on it during CNY, or the timing was really bad. I think they knew, and they covered it up.

We would of already heard of USPS staff being infected if this was the case.

Some good doctors reported it, weeks before Xmas. They were arrested and taken into custody. Apparently shooting the messenger is a low budget way of controlling an upcoming epidermic.

No, you shouldn’t stop. You will not get infected by handling mail and the CDC has already released a statement saying it’s safe to handle mail.

Also, business in China is bad for everyone because of this outbreak, so keep buying from them and support their business.

sp=spelling. That agenda is mass censoring and deplatforming of content they don't like. Concentrated into the hands of one person. NFG.

Don’t worry to much. Shipping takes so long that all the nasties died from hunger and thirst :slight_smile:
Depending on what you bought you could put your package in the freezer for a while. Heating above 60C is effective too.

I wouldn’t bank on freezing doing the trick since it’s known that some viruses can survive being frozen for awhile.

Personally I worry more about tripping on a banana peel on the street than catching anything from shipped packages.

From the WHO website
“The H5N1 virus can survive for at least one month at low temperatures. For this reason, common food preservation measures, such as freezing and refrigeration, will not substantially reduce the concentration of virus in contaminated meat or kill the virus.”

It appears that some viruses can survive being frozen for 700 years

UV lights are being marketed to kill coronavirus

http://engnews24h.com/xiaomi-launches-two-uv-lamps-to-kill-the-coronavirus-and-bacteria/

> UV lights

Oh, great, now we’ll have an epidemic of eye damage to contend with.