Simon and Convoy, always amaze me...

Has memory.

Bummer :weary:

Can it be disabled?

Not that I know of. Not a bummer, it’s great

No it’s terrible….

Eg tell me what mode my light will activate on?

You don’t know. And I don’t know. But I do know in the middle of the night I do not want it to be High. So sadly, such a UI makes a pocket EDC practically useless.

Memory is almost as bad as next mode memory.

Just get the 12 groups driver.

You know and only you know, because it will be in the exact same mode it was in when you last turned it off. If that’s troublesome to remember then just get in the habit of putting it on moon or low before you turn it off. Or get one with his other 12 mode biscotti-esque driver instead where you can choose what you want. Some of his drivers do now have memory on/off options…if there’s one in the same size and he doesn’t offer the light you want with it, ask him and he’ll probably install it for you if you want.

Sure I do. I leave all of my Convoy lights at 35% when I turn them off, so they’ll be at 35% when I turn them on.

Hmm...

Some people can't stand flashlights with memory.

I learn something new every day.

We all have convoys and love them. They are cheap, pretty reliable (not very reliable,) pretty good quality (not excellent quality,) and lastly better than average customer service. Keep in mind the average is quite low so being above average is nothing to brag about.

Having said that, Convoy does not disappoint. For a $10 to $30 or so light, it’s fabulous.

Just remember, this is a Chinese market where cutting a corner here and there can mean the difference between being in business next year or out of business.

Convoy realized some time ago that sending someone a new head that goes on BLF complaining about quality will save the company from a horrible death. Business 101.

Lessons learned.

My EDC is a Convoy.

I like it more than any other flashlight that I know of, but I'm really picky.

It's amazing that such an inexpensive light brings me such happiness.

Convoy flashlights are a great value! The S2+ is my favorite style flashlight by far and so easy to mod.

And equally as important is Simon’s customer service. I’m amazed how active he is on BLF, how he quickly responds to messages on AliExpress, and willing to resolve any issues one might have.

And how he obliges custom orders and makes available on his store unique flashlights and parts based on BLF suggestions.

I’ve often wondered how many orders he ships in a day/week. He seems to be a very busy man and hopefully he’ll stick around for a long time to come.

There is some of that for sure, because Business 101, as you said, maybe a little more these days since his business has grown so much around the globe. But I think Simon and Hank are both a little different here in that they genuinely want to help and have happy customers, beyond the dollar. They’re both individual enthusiasts like us and share the same kind of excitement and curiosity about lights, which often can’t be said about most other light manufacturers. Several years back Simon was more active around the forum (instead of his big Convoy thread) and offered a lot of help, advice, and input. None of that negates what you said at all, just mentioning that he’s about more than business logistics and such…bit different than some of the equally nice folks we’ve seen representing some other companies (or the friendly but patronizing reps in many others…).