Simon at Convoy?

You could say that again…

J-Dub (or anyone else with experience on Convoy): here’s another question.

After you shoot Simon a message with the discount request/order details with the item in your cart, how long do you usually have to wait for him to respond?

I sent a request 24 hours ago did not hear nothing back, so went to ahead with the order without the discount this time.

Unfortunately that’s not an option for me. I need to know if I can get Biscotti running on an M1, so I need him to respond in some way (even if just by re-balancing the price). That’s the key point for my purchase, because if that’s not possible, I’m shooting for a lower number of 7135s and the [5-40-100] custom mode so I get no blinkies.

It is cool to see all things slowly getting back!

up in this thread, i clicked on the website…

i can only read “half or less’ of the german words… does he have some other website in all english?

i was told simon sells copper pads, cant find them on that german website…

i have budget lights that want to be “ubermensch” and without copper pad mods, they are more like “Flammenwurfen”, LMAO

In my case: less than 24 hours. Two questions from me and two answers from Simon in 28 hours.
And I even think this had more to do with (different) time-zones than with the speed of Simon himself.

Bootiful! I’ve sent Simon a few messages nearly 24 hours ago, so by this standard he’s likely to reply tonight during China’s work hours.

Cheers, Henk :beer:

All I can tell you is that he does the best he can. Right now is an extremely busy time for all of China and even more so for small businesses like Convoy. Simon literally has to respond to every message himself, so this time of year will take longer than any other time. He’s dealing with hundreds of orders and communications that came through while he was taking a little time to be with his family. This is not a perfect system but please give him a bit of extra time right now…

yesterday 38 items, now I get 50…
Some drivers, reflectors and lenses are up now.

Been checking a couple times a day in hopes something New pops in.

Believe you me, Jay, I can wait :wink: Sure, I’m eager for senpai to notice me (lol), as the M1 I’m in the process of buying is a covered expense from a birthday gift, but I’m not trying to rush anything.

AAAAALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS SOME INFORMATIOOOOON! [insert mental image of a musical note here]

The address of the store is just https://www.aliexpress.com/store/330416 . If the link is longer (like in #15) it contains that user’s old browsing session info and sometimes the language he used.

In the top right corner of Aliexpress there is a “Go to global site (English)” link or a link to switch to any language (machine translated).
If you want to make a clean start, open Aliexpress.com and search for “Shenzhen Convoy Electronics Co., Ltd.”.

If your browser always opens AE in the wrong language you need to delete all AE cookies.

The trick with AliExpress when you enter for a product or store and it gives you a language you don’t understand is simple, add product or a product of the store to cart, then click go to global site (I use it in English) go to cart click product and you are back where you want in a language you understand

Ahh that;s why all the reviews sound weird like machine translated babel :slight_smile:

dankeshen. (spelling off, LMAO)

The full site may not be fully up yet, I can’t find the S2+ 18350 tubes.

I placed an order for a clear C8 and no BLF discount was applied. I paid and left a message, not sure if that is how the discount process works. Anyway, I placed the order Friday and it looks like it has shipped so the store is back at least.

Simon said he’ll send me a free battery holder as I forgot to ask for the discount.

He never replied to my original message so I’m not sure if he even saw my request.

I dunno, guys, I just received the tracking code for a custom M1 in Biscotti plus two universal pocket clips from him, paid with PayPal.

The trick is, you cannot go into the “Confirm And Pay” screen, just the “Checkout” one. From that you go back and deal with Simon exclusively through messages.