SingFire SF-348 for $5 shipped until 1-14-15

That fixed it!

hmm I tried on a silicone mat and it didn’t budge. I’ll have to try a some other surfaces.

I think I used the base of my shoe…

Rubber gloves should work :slight_smile:

What driver are you going to use?

I got my 3 yesterday, too.
great little lights. I like that you can’t really see that it’s made out of 3 parts.
On one, the bezel is easy to unscrew. The guts of these lights are so tiny, that is so sweet.

No heat transfer paste under the “star” or between star and case. I added it under the star - and the light gets warm.
I don’t think that the LED will overheat that much, it’s running on maybe 200mA (?)

Edit: 92mA measured with a full AAA

92mA at the emitter or the tail?

Just got mine today. Took less than a week to arrive once shipped according to myled.com. arrived in typical packet with crushed box and a layer of bubble wrap. Overall the light feels very nice for the price and output is quite bright on a aaa. I’m no expert but the tint seems NW to me with no yellow.

It’s too big to go on a keychain really but is easily pocketable. The only thing I don’t like is the switch. It feels really loose. Can anything be done to improve this?

Just received my 2 today.

First thing I did was chuck in an efest 10440 in both of them.

First one ran fine, but the second blew up after about 5 seconds :slight_smile: Not literally, I pulled it apart and found that the positive wire had desoldered from the mcpcb, fixed that up and while I was at it put AS5 under both led stars.

Honestly they are ok for the price. Both of them have Singfire engraving along with cw emitters. The reverse clicky leaves a lot to be desired though. The switch feels very stiff and is much further recessed than I would have liked. But, all in all they are a great buy for the price.

Got my shipping notice on Jan 26 which was disappointingly slow.
Luckily they went with record speed after that and both my lights was in the mailbox today.
Looks like I got cool with emitters, pulls around 500-700mA from the tail with alkaline.
No paste under the stars but that was easily fixed.
Switch feels really dull on both lights though and if shake the light it rattles :~
Is it possible to disassemble the tailcap without destroying it?

I got my 2 today, brighter then I thought they will be. Very nice little light!

Received my two yesterday. Seven days from shipment notice to receiving. Fastest shipping from a Chinese dealer ever!

These have a way nicer beam than the one from the other sale which was so yellow it bordered on orange. I’m no expert on color rendition but both of these have very nice white, white beams. Just the way I like them!

Like others have said, these are branded SingFire. Both lights clips are tight as a drum. Very happy with these and for $9.56 total for both, they are a super bargain!

just an fyi… I’ve just received the other S1 clone in cool white and was also Singfire branded. However, this unit’s clicky is a little sloppy tho it works fine. The other 6 or 8 units all were fairly stiff.

Nice deal but no O rings on the six I got today.
8>/

siata94,
I was going to mention that about the clickies. The yellow beamed one from the other sale is nice and solid. The clickies on these two are loose and kind of sloppy whether on or off. That’’s about the only negative I can say about these.

geo1952,
Mine also came with no O-rings. I don’t really think they need one as there’s lots of threads on the tailcap.

I guess it’s just roulette.

All of mine are from GB, including the recent one. Only the recent one has the sloppy clicky and Singfire brand, the rest are no name with stiff clicky. Must be recent batch with the bad clicky.

Got 5 this week, all are cool white(not blue) with a hint of neutral, not warm yellow like the one’s from the first sale.

I like the way it looks and that it’s one mode. Is it a reverse clicky without momentary on? Is there a hole to attach a necklace or lanyard, or is the clip the only option? I’m tempted, but these reports of some having sloppy clickies makes me nervous. Thanks for the heads-up though!

Yep.

Clip only. But… DIY STARTED: GBGB: Stainless steel AAA clicky with a clip (CQG S1 "clone")

I use mine on avg about once a day so not a lot of usage but so far the sloppy clicky works fine.

At the same price point I much prefer the Hugsby XP-1 altho it’s slightly larger but for me better overall.
Currently $4.38 shipped:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hugsby-XP-1-1-AAA-CREE-XPE-R3-LED-120LM-Lamp-Clip-Mini-Penlight-Flashlight-Torch-/271843871111?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f4b284987

$4.15 shipped for the 2xAAA version XP-2:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CREE-XPE-R3-LED-1000-Lumen-Lamp-Clip-Mini-Flashlight-Torch-Penlight-AAA-OK-/281670168459?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4194d9af8b

or 5 XP-2s for $18.37:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5pcs-CREE-XPE-R3-LED-1000LM-Lamp-Clip-Mini-Flashlight-Torch-Penlight-AAA-OK-/281670168541?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4194d9afdd

At this price, I absolutely, 100% prefer the SingFire.
I have 3 SingFires and both Hugsbys. I love the feel of the SingFire so much more.

The Hugsbys are a bit brighter, but they feel so much cheaper (the knurling alone…)

L4M4, interesting counterpoint. Some of my reasons for preferring the Hugsby most likely will not apply to others but…

lack of lanyard hole - kids tend to lose it w/out a lanyard hole, esp for camping (lost 1 the first day). Can’t attach to keychain.
But the SF348 is def much smaller. I’m not too picky about the cosmetics so they’re same to me.

I’ve ordered about 8 SFs and have given most away and have about 5 Hugsby’s and haven’t given any away yet :-).