Single 18650, BRIGHT and DURABLE ?

Check out the P-Rockets. It took me a while before I pulled the trigger on one, but I really am glad I did. These things are built tough with lots of choices of emitters. I have the XP-G neutral, and it throws like a son of a gun. They also come in XM-L CW and NW. I highly recommend them.
http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/Categories

Good call! I meant to check out Shiningbeam - specifically the P-Rocket - and totally forgot :smiley:

I think that’s a top contender with the Convoy L1 (both have HAIII). Bryan builds a quality light.

Thrunite TN12 is a pocket blaster. But Now that illuminationsupply has a EA4 with XML2 I think I could find a bigger pocket. Oh, if EC25 also has an XML2 version, why not?

I have a dumb question...that's not out yet, is it? I've been searching for the EC25 with a XML2, but haven't been able to find it.

Hmm, no, I could see one either. But here’s EA4 L2 https://illuminationsupply.com/nitecore-ea4-l2-xml2-p-324.html?zenid=c257d75453f0603bde88aa660715d222

If we ask for EC25 L2 enough ?

SolarForce M8, my cats have knocked this off a 4-foot countertop onto tile, repeatedly. It shows a ding.

It’s not a modder light but out-throws the Masterpiece and has amazing build quality. Came with an extender tube and two switches for $50.

Foy’s review here: Review: Solarforce M8

For a $150.00 dollars he should have no problems finding a good light, but you might mention this $19.00 dollar one to him as a second. WallBuys.com is for sale | HugeDomains

If you want tough, check this out… the 18650 Armytek Predator V2 XP-G2 actually blown up with a shotgun and still working???

Here’s the torch:

http://www.armytek.com/products/flashlights/hunting-and-military/armytek-predator-v.2-xp-g2.-variable-bezel-types-and-colors.html

Weiser, I think you should have him try a sipik clone first. They are cheap, fairly durable, take AA batteries, bright for AA, have no hot spot, small throw beam for looking into tight areas.

Many plumbers, electricians, and mechanics have bought sipik clones from me and are very happy with them.

Yes there are better alternatives for sure but most mechanics are rough on their equipment. Sipiks are only $6/piece so he could buy 20 sipiks and 3 24-packs of AA batteries for $150.

Nobody mentioned the SolarForce L2P? They are really tough.

Any time your work deals with fast moving parts, remember to get something that doesn’t use PWM as it’ll mislead you into thinking a part is running slower than it is, a great occupational hazard for someone like a mechanic.

$12 ish zoomie… Very handy for a mechanic… Tough as nails

Thanks for all the suggestions!

I feel a little silly since I’m quite aware of all the suggestions so far :stuck_out_tongue: I guess I’m looking for reminders since it’s hard to keep track of all the lights we discuss.

The reason I need XM-L and 18650 is because he’s already seen my good stuff so he wants nothing but the brightest in single cell format, in all practical senses.

I asked him if he also wanted something smaller and he’s not interested.

Another reason I’m trying to get him the best for the dollar is because his last real flashlight purchase was getting scammed by the Matco salesman to the tune of $150, which worked out to a dollar per lumen!

The point about pwm is valid. Since the convoy lights use nanjg drivers……
I can’t tell the difference between my nanjg based c8 and my true current controlled on all mode edc on a running engine/high speed fan.

Other options are something from intloutdoor/cngq/fancyflashlights ranges, as they all seem to use nanjg drivers too.

And don’t forget the Eagletac D25LC2 if he wants some “WoW”.

I was thinking the Nitecore EA4 XM-L2 from Illumination Supply would be a sweet all-around light for him but 40mm might be too thick. I’ll run it by him tomorrow.

As for a charger, I’ll just go with the Intellicharger i4 since he probably needs a decent NiMH charger anyway. Then he’s set for something like an EA4 down the road.

How about the p60 dropin from international outdoors,
2.8amps,
Xml and choice for u3, u2 or t6 neutral white
Choice of modes you want
Then buy a solarforce host with spare switches.
Adding quality charger plus batteries will still be below 100usd.

On a long job, a p60 will get hot if your not careful. Edc tubes get hot unless your on low but are ideal for inspections, I can run the cell down to low battery warning in my c8 without it over heating.

What about this.

http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?283465-Elektro-Lumens-EDC-XML-R

Built like a tank, has memory, chose of modes.
Doesn’t throw like a HD2010, but it’s bright.
Not what you would deem budget.
But since you mentioned he seen your premium lights, he might consider this.

Actually, I did mention the Elektrolumens EDC to him :slight_smile:

I decided to first get his feet wet with something more inexpensive and that way he can also brag to his coworkers how his light is not only so much brighter but also how he paid soooo much less.

I’m hoping he eventually decides to opt for the EDC-R as well :smiley: