Single 26650 flashlights/hosts with OP reflector anywhere?

Looking for them for 2x 26350 mods with XHP70/50 and MT-G2.
(I know stippling but would prefer “real” OP reflectors)

If you could find a thorfire jm07 somewhere, that might work for you. They were discontinued, but they’re may be one floating around somewhere

Thanks, this light looks very good! It’s a pity they don’t sell it anymore. Same with Shadow JM07 which probably is identical.

Another Shadow/Thorfire clone is the nitefighter F41C i made one with a XHP50 because the reflector is LOP, the doughnut hole was still visible :

I ended up with a MT-G2 :

Thanks!
Are the yellow dots which you normally see in beams of MT-G2 with smooth reflectors still visible in this light? Could you tell more about your mod?

I build a MT-G2 and FET+1 driver into a Ultrafire F13, this was quite some work. The (integrated) LED shelf was very thin, so I had to file down a coin for better heat transfer and glue it in. The reflector hole had to be widened (only 7 mm before). The host was cheap quality over all but now I like this light. It has a good heat dissipation (lots of deep cooling fins) and is able to deliver more than 3000 lumens for more than 90 60 seconds on fresh cells before it gets to hot (with the new 26350 cells). It’s my “medium size” EDC light now.

Why dont to try using TIR lens with 4-die leds? There lots various of them and they are cheap enought, sometimes it is much cheaper to use old host and change stock reflector to TIR optics which can have no hole in the hotspot.

Already thought about that. Could you recommend any, e.g. for the Roxane M6 you mentioned in your thread (have it on order)?
Since I don’t have the means to create spacers easily I prefer optics which don’t need them.

It is not direct suggestion, just theorizing that TIR lens can avoid hotspot holes with 4-dies leds and this is much easier way that special made reflector.
For example Convoy M1 fits Carclo 30mm lens perfectly and all variants except narrow plain have one extremum in light distribution diagram with XHP50.
If optics diameter should be more than 30mm, the only widely available optics manufacture of this size is ledil.
TIR lens have smaller height than reflectors, so spacers are needed anyway. You can use old pcbs with sanded top layers and solder them together.
Anyway if you take a host with XP-L and want to change it to XHP50/70 there is also no simple way to do this, often you need to enlarge reflector hole, make custom centering ring and after this whole construction (pcb+led+centering ring+reflector) will be different height than stock.

Thanks for the info, I’ll give this a try.

Pretty sure Khatod also makes a nice optic for the XHP-70, I’ve seen it at Cutter in Australia. The thing to do when ordering from them is to plan ahead, buy emitters, DTP copper mcpcbs, optics, everything you need or think you might need so you can defray the shipping expenses. Then make sure you choose the cheapest shipping option. The last 2 times I got stuff from them I used the DHL option at $25, pricey but the stuff came very quickly so it had benefits.

Have never seen Khatod optics suitable for XHP70.
Cheapest shipping cost for russia and many eu counries is unbelievable 60AUD which is about $46.
Upd.
Seems that PL113325, PL113320 and PL113310 should work good with XHPs but there is no place to order them.
Old TIRs made for MCEs should also fit XHP-50: PL1590 and PL1546

I’ve used a 35mm Khatod over an XHP-70 in an Eagle Eye X6 build, works pretty well. Has an interesting look as well.

The “yellow dots” seen from the MT-G2 are largely a product of white wall hunting. In usage it’s not typically a problem. Not in the 13 or so MT-G2 lights I have anyway.

More info about the mod here, I ended up with the MT-G2 because I like the tint better and the beam looks cleaner to me.

I also have a couple of F13’s the next thing I will try is this : What did you mod today? - #1249 by The_Last_Katun

Perhaps I should order more F13 …

I really like the F13 as a host maybe the quality isn’t the best but it’s very versatile.

I you want a OP reflector something like this might work :

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S025070.36mm-D-x-28-6mm-H-OP-Aluminum-Reflector

It’s a bit to high about 3mm but the OD is very close.

Another option :

http://www.kaidomain.com/p/S008833.36_6mm-D-x-25mm-H-OP-Aluminum-Reflector

OD a bit much but hight almost perfect.

Ledil IRIS lens should fit almost perfectly.

I bought the second reflector to use with the F13 with integrated shelf. The OD is fine. The height with emitter at proper focus is about 1.6mm shorter than the stock reflector. The tall rim at the top of the reflector prevents the reflector from sitting low enough in the head; the rim hits the top of the threaded part of the flashlight head. As a result, simply adding a spacer at the top or a thicker o ring will not work. Adding a spacer under the MCPCB I think is the best option.

Preliminary testing however shows it gives a smooth beam with a dedomed XHP50. It is fairly heavy OP.

Thanks for all help, I will check the options!