Sipik pill pics, post 'em if you got 'em. Info needed for new driver.

As the title says, please post any pics of the sipik sk68 pill and driver along with any measurements you might have of the driver, pill pocket, and how far the battery can be compressed into the battery tube. I’ve searched around the forum and no pics have I found, just an image or two on yahoo.

WarHawk-AVG was nice enough to post some yesterday in this thread.

Do you want only genuine Sipik or clones too?

They will all be different, each manufacturer, clone, original, but the overall dimensions are should be almost the same

I have many more if you want them

I will take more if you need them

here are some measurements of a decent clone I have (in mm):

When fully pressed down, the batteries stick out just 1 or two mm above the rim (which in this clone slopes down a little, in the original Sipik that rim is 90 degrees to the body tube) in there, and that is just about where the driver contact board is, not much play there.

I did a whole variety of mods with sk68 clones, including weird sized sanded down drivers floating under a filed down pill. I think that the different clones have close to the same measurements, there's a difference on details though.

So no battery+ spring....the battery just pushes up hard against the contact board? That's bad...I have 4 AMC sitting on the battery side but from djozz's photos that looks like it won't work. Even with a contact post it'll be pushing on the battery and board VERY hard.

Spring is there under the battery on the switch. It might need to be shortened.

Yup, no spring on the driver, the spring is on the tail cap clicky

Nice pics djozz

(mine is digital :p [but probably Chinese inaccurate as hell!)

http://s25.postimg.org/fb3yzo01r/P1210973.jpg

If you’re still intersested

The hole is about 17mm, the star 15mm

No pill

If you want other measurements and are still interested let me know

I found a few more interesting drawings

Here is all the images I have so far

Just remember everyone and their mother in law clones these things…so they will all be a little different…but for the most part the above is usually pretty close

Oh and for what it’s worth…putting a XM-L on a 16mm pill and epoxying it in and getting rid of that stupid overlay with a hole in it really makes the SK68 perk up and throw a decent amount of light, even for a AA

is it the Nanjg 105 driver with the AMC’s on both sides your using ? i used the 105c with monlight mode in a modded SK68, but i removed the 4 bottom 7135’s and the center spring replaced with a button. the driver rests on the ledge in the SK body but i added a .5 mm ring to rais it up so the protected 14500s fit.

could be the Nanjg 101-AK-A1, it is a single sided 4*7135 board

All that is a moot point now that Mattaus has released his 15mm ATtiny based FET board :smiley:

payday will be ordering some and testing em out!

I need to get some daggum red/black leads in though…uggh

I did some experimenting the other night but it didn’t go as well as I hoped
I have one of those Nanjg 101-AK-A1, what I did was grind off the 15mm lip, then undercut the inside where the 7135 chips would have clearance, then was just going to lay the driver down in the channel and let rest on the lip in the above picture and crank down on the pill sandwiching the driver between the pill and the ledge for the ground

The battery would still contact the + center ring of the driver, and the ground ring on the outside would be pressed against the body…I don’t think I undercut enough to let the chips fit…gonna have to grind a bit more