sipik sk68 clone for $6.16... :-)

Ordered one for $6.16. Thanks for the link.

Thanks for the link for a cheap extender! I've ordered two. Just checked on my order status from Tomtop and the email from them says it shipped 12/8 but when I try to track it, it goes to the USPS website and says that no such package exists. I just emailed Tomtop concerning this. I was surprised to see the tracking link take me to USPS though.

-Garry

I have seen that many times. You simply copy and paste the tracking number in chinapost/hkp website

I can't get it to track through any tracking site, nor will it come up on the TomTop website for order tracking. My tracking number is: QB556011208006115904 and the shipment method is listed as: elSS whatever that is. I expect that it will just show up one day, but now I'm kind of wondering if the order is lost (although they did send out notification that it shipped which is a good sign).

Garry

Forget about it, that way, when it comes, it will be a suprise.

NO ...

the Tank 566 extention from manafont or Dino Direct will NOT fit tanks have fine threads and this light has course threads ..The cheap c3 clones with the chinese emitters have the generic blf-delight junk tailcap too.

The sipik 68 isn't as good as all the rage it's getting on blf. it has it's flaws ..ok lets get honest it has plenty of flaws ...One of them is the fact that it doesn't focus more tightly .Second and more obvious it the basic design..clumsy and oddly shaped light that isn't very pocket or hand friendly . No extra modes means everyone always thinks it's a very bright light ..all single mode lights seem bright because somewhere in your mind you're thinking ...why can't I turn this damn thing down ..it's called cheaplightitus..it's a one mode light disease .

if it had a better clicky and a better tint and better heatsinking and a multi mode with decently spaced modes and a better aspheric and it zoomed tighter and it felt better in your hand and it didn't have so many odd sharp edges ...than it would be a real light ..and cost a bunch more too ..

the light fills a large 5$ cree void ...Something i think older Q3 lights ought to be doing but china still thinks they are worth 10$ or more .

My sour grapes and thread crapping involves a better option ...a better light ..The edi-t P-4

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/edi-t-p4-cree-q3-wc-3-mode-230-lumen-convex-lens-white-led-flashlight-black-1-x-18650-104995

11$ or 10$ if you buy ten or more (which I suggest )

So ask yourself the question .Wanta sipik and an extention tube for 10$ ? or want a light that ramps and has 3 modes ..?

My answer is simple ..

I have 11 Edi-t P-4's

and

I have 3 sipik 68's

One of which i took a searrated steak knife to immediately to give it character .

:P

I bought it for two reasons. I wanted a REALLY cheap budget light that I could scratch up and not care at all. I also wanted a cheap budget light for power outages that would tailstand and run on 1 x AA.

Haha! I like the "cheaplightitus," that's pretty good...

For a cheap light though that works on AAs (for our non-flashaholic friends) and doesn't rob our wallets like some others... It's a pretty good light. [to give away] :D

Same here - Uses AA's with option of 14500. That edi-t P-4 only uses an 18650.

-Garry

Ta for letting me (/us) know about the extension. I'm going to see what the basic light itself is like first before I start bolting tubes onto it!

I don't have extremely high expectations of the light - I don't think anyone really does;

Usefulness is defined by it being; weatherproof (don't expect a problem), focussing (the unique point of this cheap candle), and getting a decent amount of light from an AA for a decent amount of time (slightly more efficient emitters are quite a bit more expensive!). And be cheap enough not be concerned with damage or theft.

For price and usage, I couldn't care less about the tint, aesthetics, quality/authenticity and other minor flaws.

I am however interested in extension tubes, so it would be nice if there was some way to determine compatibility. (diameter, thread, pitch?)

googlyhead, see ebay links in post #35 ^.

Lennart bought that torch and says the barrel extension from it fits the Sipik.

For $3 and change you can get one, rob the extension, and do what you will with the remainder. :)

Got the light two days ago, it is nice for the price (about 5 euros) but for a flashoholic it is about a no go, I am waiting for the friend who wants it to give it as a free gift (or maybe I can get a beer for it). It is quite worth the money and might be impressive for "normal" people, anyone with some "real" flashlights does not bother about it than to give it away.

Just my opinion (it is a quite nice light if you don not know better), it is worth its price but nothing else.

jörg. wer'e not flashaholics.

wer'e budgeteers

but we evolve and we have class :-)

o0,this reminds me a bit of Battlestar Galactica :-)

There seems to be a wide range of variants on this torch, because all of the early versions I touted on the other side had none of your 'issues.'

1) Mine were 3-mode, later switched to 1-mode. That's not as hot as it sounds, since it was MED-HIGH-STROBE.

2) Focus was excellent, only getting better as EZ900 die examples were circulated.

3) Fit-and-finish was very good, save for the painted clip. The push-pull resistance was nearly perfect, smoother than any other FTT torch I owned at the time.

My only gripe was the tiny tailcap/switch combo. It was a pain to change batteries with my larger hands. Swapping guts or boots is a PITA too.

I was happy to pay a tenner for the better examples, and would still be.

I own a DRY triple xm-l and personally me and some friends i showed the sipik to, find it more impressive than the DRY even if the DRY beats the sipik in almost any possible way :)

I emailed Tomtop and got a response:

"Hi, the trace website is updating now and we could not trace the specific package status for you, how about wait another 20 days more. If still not receive then, we will give a solution accordingly , is it ok?"

Wait another 20 days? Maybe that's the expectation with shipping during the Holidays. (It shipped out on the 8th, so 20 more days will be about 32 days.) I'm hoping it just shows up sometime soon.

-Garry

You have to be kidding to expect it to be here in 13 days ....before christmas ??. Some people said if you wanted guarenteed shipped before christmas order before thanksgiving..

Sitting around worrying or waiting on stuff /tracking stuff is really really a bad idea .. go drink egg nog with lots of rum instead .

Are you worried it won't come or do you need it before christmas ?

I'd say tomtop wasn't fast or slow ..so i'm guessing25 days total .. mine came in 3 weeks about a month ago .....

Last year I had stuff take 50 days to get here from china ...don't sit around waiting ....(Last year china post was a mess)

*The truth is non flashahols think a flood to throw is the cats meow ...there is no single better bang for you buck flashlight gift than the flood to throw ..doesn't matter if it's a sk68 c-70 rc29 t,737,p4,x2000....if it floods and throws they are enamoured with them .

If you gift anything else other than a flood to throw you've wasted money ...There may be odd exceptions to this rule but it's true 94% of the time .<<<(94.265%) :)

I'm sure it's on it's way to you but you probably won't receive it before Christmas. I ordered Dec 1st. The tracking number said it left China Dec 10th and was at my door step on Dec 19th (yesterday). That's 18 days from the day I ordered. I'm in Canada. Shipping to the US should be a little faster. I have my fingers crossed for you.

Tracking# Year Status Destination Last Location Date
RA187670888CN 2011 departure from outward office of exchange CANADA 2011-12-10

I'm not sitting waiting. I don't need it for Christmas. I'd like to have it by Jan 20th. I did just place some orders today (including some 14500's for this light) and I expect those to take awhile and might not even make it by Jan 20th (which is ok by me).

Calm down Boaz!

-Garry