Sipik tailcap repair

Hi!

Got a Sipik sk-68 from dx.
Of course, after a few weeks of usage the taicap seems to have a pb. IT sometimes doesn’t start the flashlight or it makes it flicker. Tried the wire trick to make sure it was the tailcap that’s the source of the pb.

How can you open it in order to see what’s the problem ? I also own a bailong the same size of the sipik which had the same problems and it was easy for me to use a plier and open the metalic oring and fix its clickly; I cannot do that with the sipik , and I’m afraid if I heat it a little the plastic might melt.

Is there a replacement for this tailcap, preferably one that is more easily fixable?

Thanks a lot guys!

Hi, deniscure! Welcome to BLF! :party:

The switch is press fit:

You could also get the tailcap from an SK58 if you want a better replacement:

Another idea, if it isn’t the switch, is to clean the threads on the tailcap just in case it’s poor connection there.

Hello Chloe and thank you for your answer!

As a matter of fact exactly after I posted my first message on BLF I dissasembled the sk68 and cleaned the tailcap and led board with medical alcohol and it seems that made the problem dissapear. I will test it more and see if that was the issue.

Thank you very much!

Thanks to the both of you, this might be quite useful information as the Sipik68 clone I won in O-L’s giveaway for my little boy should be here today. And if there’s a quirk to be found, my 5 year old will find it! :wink:

Reminds me of the Lifetime Warranty by Pelican cases: Garanteed for life with the exception of Acts of Nature, Grizzly Bear attack or small children. :slight_smile: