SK68 clone

Odd request I know, but it is worth a try! I got one off of amazon and it is only 1 mode. I really want a 3 mode one. According to the amazon reviewers, it is a crapshoot on which or what type of clone you will receive from the Chinese wholesalers.

At least here, I know the seller will send me a 3 mode. I like everything about this light.

I know some of you flashaholics bought 3+ of this light. Please help me out.

Hi,

Sorry that this is probably not going to sound right, but I’m not exactly sure what you’re asking for help with? Also, when you said “At least here, I know the seller”, what/where did you mean by “here”?

Jim

Search for UltraFire Cree Q5. Those ones are the 3-mode version.

I want to buy a clone that has 3 modes from one of our members

Ohaya- seller=member of this forum

Ahh. Ok. Thanks for the clarification. I’ve given most of the ones I have as gifts, and only have a couple. You might check on FastTech, as they specify the specs pretty clearly.

I have this one from them:

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1278401

cuz I wanted a “silver” one, but they have black one (use the dropdown on that page for color/modes):

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1601/10003898/1278400

I probably would have bought all of mine from FT if I had known about them at the time, but that’s just me…

Good luck,
Jim

Them ^ Fastech sipik68 clones have next mode memory. You probably don’t want that. I’ve tried many of these lights from many different vendors, and the very best one that I have found is HERE He used to not charge for shipping but he does now, it’ll get to you in a about a week now though.

BTW, silver, 3-modes, no mode memory, and probably brightest w/ tightest focus.

The blue sipik that I bought from lightcastle is brighter (more lumens) both on AA and 14500’s but the silver Uinfire copy from FastTech has a considerably tighter spot and throws better. The blue one is single mode and is branded Sipik Sk68 but who knows. The silver one is three modes but drops to single mode with a 14500. I personally like the silver one better.

The blue sipik that I bought from lightcastle is brighter (more lumens) both on AA and 14500’s but the silver Uinfire copy from FastTech has a considerably tighter spot and throws better. The blue one is single mode and is branded Sipik Sk68 but who knows. The silver one is three modes but drops to single mode with a 14500. I personally like the silver one better.

The blue one is a real sipik68 it has a Q3 emitter the fastech version is a clone of it and it has xp-e r5 if I remember correctly, but it also has next mode memory. I’ve never heard of any light dropping to single mode before, kinda weird. I have 4 of those from fastech and as far tighter hotspots go the one from easebon is much tighter.

You are correct on both counts. It does have next mode memory and last night while playing with it, it cycled through the modes flawlessly. I dont understand why it wasn’t doing it the other night

Yea, that next mode memory is a pain in the ass. esp when it starts out in strobe mode.

I got the silver Uinfire and it doesnt have mode memory. I saw comments about and checked a couple of times but mine does not have mode memory.

Maybe its a different batch or I got one that is not like the others. Maybe someone who bought one recently can tell if they changed it.

Leo

If yours has three modes put it in low mode, shut it off for at least 5 secs then turn it back on . If it is in strobe mode when you turn it back on then it’s next mode memory, if it’s in high mode when you turn it back on then it has no mode memory.

I have tested it about 4 times. Always comes back on high. Thats why I found weird when you kept mentioning next mode memory. At the same time, I dont know if mine is an odd one or they changed it, so I dont want to say you are wrong and then people get next mode memory

I would say that they must be putting them out with more than one driver. Mine has next mode memory but it sounds like yours does not. I personally much prefer no memory to next mode memory so you have a good one.

I would say that they must be putting them out with more than one driver. Mine has next mode memory but it sounds like yours does not. I personally much prefer no memory to next mode memory so you have a good one.

Looks like the best option is the one from easebon off ebay.

I need to use protected batts in the light correct?

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10000418/1187200-ultrafire-14500-36v-900mah-protected-li-ion-rechar

Looking to get this best battery

Is there a way to make sure I’m buying one with no memory?
Anyone have a sure link?

I recommend buying UltraOK ZS-2 from ebay member micro.digital or vikicompany and mod it then -

I think Ebay is your best bet for a 3 mode clone. However, I think most people go for this batteries http://www.fasttech.com/products/1420/10000523/1084200-trustfire-14500-37v-900mah-protected-rechargeable- instead of the Ultrafire ones