SK98...I'd Like to Get One.....Which One is BEST??

Hey all,

When I first started buying these budget lights I went to Amazon and got a little SK68. It was only something like $3.50 or so and I figured I can’t lose. Well it came in and I like it. Sure, it’s not a world beater like you guys really like, but for someone like me, it’s a nice little light for around the house or in a glove box or tackle box. I might end up getting a few more.

Anyway, I found out that the SK68 has a BIG BROTHER that takes a BIG CELL and it’s the SK98. When I found that out I knew I was going to have to have one. The problem is that there are so darn many of them and I don’t know what it the world makes one better than the others.
I also don’t know how to mod lights or build them from parts, so that’s not a viable option for me.

Would you mind telling me what SK98 would be the best choice for me? I know it isn’t much and it’s a cheap light, but I’d still like to get one that will work and stay working for a while.
I ran across this one on Ebay…
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Portable-Bright-1300LM-Cree-XM-L-T6-LED-Flashlight-5-Mode-Zoomable-Torch-Lamp-/231183868946?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item35d3a1e412

Would this be ask good as any of the rest or no? If you know of a better one, please let me know.

Thank you for your time and continued help too this FLASHLIGHT NEWBIE…

Nalajr

I haven’t heard anything bad about the one from Fasttech , 3 modes - high, low, strobe with no mode memory, starts on high once it’s been off for a few seconds according to one of the reviews.
The one you linked most probably has next mode memory on the 5 modes which is severely annoying but can be easily fixed once you get into modding lights.

This one has XM-L2 for $8 and people seem to be happy with it based on the discussion thread

Hi Nalajr, that’s the seller I bought mine from and I recommend them. The SK98 they are selling has a solid pill and the light has 5 modes with no memory (high, med, low, strobe, & sos). The flood on the light is huge (the emitter gets super close the to lens in flood mode…which is a good thing).

However I HIGHLY recommend getting the light Pregulla suggested instead. It is a SK73 clone and it is much better than the SK98. It uses a XM-L2 led (vs the older XM-L), has a much thicker solid pill, and is driven harder (pushes more amps on high mode). It’s a much brighter light and the flood is even bigger than the SK98. For $7.99 shipped, it’s a steal. For more info, here’s the thread below.

(Nobody mention the 26650 version)

You’re aware of the risks and precautions to take using the BIG CELL (lithium-ion rechargeable) batteries?
Just checking.