SKY RAY 9xT6 9xCREE XM-L T6 2x/3x26550/18650 5000LM 5-mode Super Brightness Flashlight---Brightness Over DRY

Thanks guys for the comments. If anyone does find a good driver similar to the stock driver, feel free to post a link to it. I wouldn’t mind keeping one or two around as spares.

Also, I upgraded the wires again on my DMM. Still using 12 gauge but upgraded to high end silicone wires with bare ends. The stock driver is back in my Skyray 9x T6 now and works great. With fully charged 3 x 26650 Trustfires, tail cap reading jumped from 4.24a HIGH to 4.90 High mode. So this stock driver really does a great job. I’m fine with it’s power levels and will be leaving it as is.

If you would purchase some better batteries the current would be increased a lot.

I can’t find a driver for 3 cells right now….

I trust the stock driver and never had a single issue.
I think the light is awesome, you can’t get more light for the money.

The Trustfire 26650 5000mAh cells have always performed excellent. But I’m sure unprotected cells would be even better. But I just don’t want to risk using them in a light this powerful.

As for the original driver, it’s always performed flawlessly and never had an issue. This light has been so great and so powerful in stock form, I really haven’t been using my Trustfire J12 at all. Only after trying to make it even more powerful using the KD driver is when all the issues started. So it’s back to stock form where it’s going to stay.

Indeed, I wouldn’t recommend unprotected cells either. This light sucks them really fast, I run into protection almost every time.
I have soshine, but mine are different from the newer ones…not sure how these perform.
But I have read here that kumabear sells protected king kongs, sadly just for you us guys.

The enerdan cells should be perfect for this light, sadly they are really expensive even more compared to the cheap price of this flashlight.

+1, exactly what I want to say to you Richie, remember I asked you about the modding of this light before? Thank you very much for sharing this information and sorry about your losses on the drivers. For insane lumen I think I have made a correct choice and go for the HID. LEDs aren’t bad, but they just can hardly handle 4000 lumens and above at least for technology nowadays. :slight_smile:

Will 3 protected Kingkong 26650 cells fit in this light?