SKY RAY KING XML-T6 (TMART)

Just got this in the mail today. Not sure if it is the real deal. Looks like there are a lot of “fakes” out there. One major difference I noticed right off the bat was the bottom. Completely different pattern from all that I have seen before. Looks more like a sprocket. Not sure if this is a “new design” or what. It did come in a white box with a SKY RAY logo sticker on it. The lanyard seems to look like most of the others out there. Also came with spare o-ring and instructions that are completely in Chinese. Have a gander at my pictures and let me know what you think.

I got two from them 3 weeks ago and the tail cap looks like yours. Don’t know of it’s a clone, fake, or an artist’s rendition. What I do know is, it puts out a lot of light ! :slight_smile:

I hear stories about fakes, etc. Someone should list what details clearly indicate that an SRK is a fake. Until I read something specific, I’m assuming my two are the real deal.

Absolutely! I expect to be in the market for a King soon and will want to know how to identify them and also which stores have been known to sell genuine, clones, or both.

-Garry

The pic of the driver in truezach’s post above is the same identical driver I have in my FandyFire branded King from FastTech.

There is another driver variant used. I saw an article comparing the two drivers used, and the ones in your pic are the real deal drivers according towhat I read. Can’t remember where I saw this but I did…coz I remember thinking YES….I got the hot setup driver.

Anyways, if it’s in the FandyFire and yours is truly real deal SRK, it doesn’t really matter which version you have as long as it kicks butt.

Well, I feel better now knowing that I have the good driver in mine. I think I might have found the pics of the two different drivers here in post #172:
https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7224?page=3#comment-295349

I recalled seeing it when doing a little research on whether or not to purchase one.

As for performance, I can say that it is very bright. I don’t have any tools to do any actual measurements yet, but it does light up my backyard very well and very floody.

Just realized your version of the Skyray has a fluted design instead of fins below the switch.

Interesting. Looks like our bottoms match the new Nitecore TM26.

Join the SRK dark…. errr light side Gary, we have cookies!

If you are planning to get a King, just buy it from CNqualitygoods.

Where at in Iowa? I grew up in Waterloo.

I thinks we got the good one. :smiley: