Skyray 6x XM-L with a handle clicky

lol. :D

i wonder how much more flood i would get outta this vs my king. cant wait for some beamshots. i really like this model

I was referring to the Olight X6. If both are using the same LED's and the Olight X6 is regulated i cant see why the same application will not produce as much output if not more with direct drive? My assumption is that all the LED's are being driven at peak performance on both the X6 and this new Skyray...Which im really liking. Its a big assumption but im curious to hear the rebutles

What makes you assume that this light will drive each xml to reaching 830 lumens each, all while being in the same host with relatively little heatsinking?
If it did that thr whole thing would be untouchable.

Also that fact that chinese manufacturers are not known for driving their lights very hard.

Think about what you’re saying. You think this little light will produce 5000 legit lumens without any other side effects? Why do you think the X6’s entire body is just a heatsink? If it was 5000 lumens that would be more than my 85W HID.

Also an xml would need to be run at about 3.5A to reach 830 lumens. 3.5*6 = 21 amps. This uses 4 18650s. Thats 5.25 amps to each battery. There’s no way direct drive would be higher than that. Battery life would probably be around 20 minutes run on high.

Tl;dr: 5000 lumens is absurd for this light to produce, but have any rebuttals (real ones, not baseless assumptions)?

Pretty badass.

I’d love to see how it compares to the Skyray King. I’m sure this one is brighter, but not sure I would pay the better part of double a Kings price for this one.

Slewflash, I think he was planning on making it direct drive.

But my argument is that the light in question won’t outperform the X6, direct drive or not.

I love your signature! If only there was a way that it could record members locations.

I think that would be illegal if it could.

Why? It would do the same thing the forum does, it would just log the IP address and associate it with a username. Or am I completely off-base here?

Well I interpreted your ‘record members locations’ as recording where they live (which I don’t think is possible). Do you mean the general area from where they are posting? As in suburb or city? Because the closest I can locate my own IP is roughly 30 km away from where I actually am.
I don’t think I completely understand what you are saying.

It shows the general area, not exact. E.g. for me it is about 40 miles off.

Sign by Danasoft - Get Your Sign

The signs are generated by the danasoft.com server when your browser retrieves it. It has no dependency on BLF or vice versa.

SF - I can see your point. My assumption is based on theory only and wasn’t
intended to get a rise.This i assure you. The Olight im sure is an overall better light but
a number of Skyrays are designed to more or less outshine the competition.
I don’t think this 6x Skyray will output near 8000 lumens. The fact is there is 6x XM-L’s
that can be driven if one decided to modify this light. I have little doubt this light can
also produce 1000 lumens per LED with some added enhancements.

Torches pulling over 5 amps from a single 18650 is extreme but somehat common place?
I would like to hear why 4x 18650’s cant push 6x XM-Ls at a cautious 3amps an LED?

Actually DarkSide, I just saw the Apex 5T6 modded with direct drive, and while it does look very bright, there are no actual lumen numbers.
So I acknowledge my mistake and I retract what I’ve said about this light not being able to reach 5000 lumens.
I can see that it is feasible, but heat will be the most prominent factor holding this back.
I think that 1000 lumens might be a bit of a stretch. Close to 800 lumens might be possible though due to heat constraints.

What added enhancements were you thinking of? If it was driving the LEDs harder then that wouldn’t work, due to the heat problem coming up again. So I think finding a sweetspot around 800 lumens would be hitting the limit without wasting extra energy which will be turned to heat anyway.

At some point it also becomes less meaningful not just in terms of “how much light do you need” but “why don’t you just tape 10 DD lights together and get the same thing”.

IMO the point of a large light with a bunch of emitters is that they work in some cohesive way. 3 might be pretty cool that you can carry it with one handle but >5-6, why?

The first mod to the Apex would be to pull out throw or thin aluminium plate the LED’s
rest on. I have already made a stencil pattern of the heatsink, and im waiting
on delivery of one very think copper plate. Then off to get cut to size per the stencil.
Im going to run the LED’s direct drive for a while and see what kind of
performance i get in terms of output with the addition of 1/4 lbs of copper.
I will also replace most of the wiring with some thicker gauge silicone wire.
And see needs to be replaced.

Does anyone have experience using this specific light? How is it? How are the run times?

Okay, then. I’m not buying SkyRay. This is the second light of theirs that I’ve read major complaints about. Who makes a better verison of this light?